XIII

The future belongs to those who

believe in the beauty of their dreams.

-Eleanor Roosevelt

Justin

"Jason, are you ready yet?" I question as I walk into his room.

"Not yet," He murmurs while trying to tie his red tie.

I huff while trying not to step on my red gown. Today is the day I graduate from high school and move away to Minnesota with Jason, just like I hoped for. His brows knit together as I slap his hands away and pull him towards me. I set the thinner side on his right shoulder and wrap the thicker side to his left shoulder.

Our faces get a little close, me taking the thinner side and setting it over the thicker side, forming ribbon like design. Next, I take the thicker side and wrap it over the thinner side and then tuck it under and through the hole.

Finally, I take the thicker side and stick it between the loop of the knot I would form once pulling it through. My breathing becomes heavier as I notice Jason leaning in so I pull the tie tight and close the gap. (AN: Steps to tying a tie above)

We share a quick kiss before I pull him out of the room and down the steps. He chuckles and combs his hair back with his hand before sticking it in his pocket. We both hop into the car, my knee bobbing with excitement and nervousness. Jason notices right away, immediately setting a comforting hand on my thigh.

"Relax, you'll be fine."

I nod at the statement and lean my head on the window, making sure not to smash my cap.

I quickly pat my body for my speech and I find in the shorts underneath my gown. Am I okay? No, but I'll act like it. I'm extremely nervous. I don't like talking in front of big crowds of people but I've done it before. So, it's not impossible to do.

Jason's thumb runs circles over my knee which calms me quite a bit. My breathing has returned to normal and my palms aren't sweating as much as they were before. Minutes pass before we come to a complete stop.

My eyes lift from my lap to my high school in front of me. Oh man, this is it. Jason inhales deeply and looks at me sincerely. I take a few deep breaths and open the door after saying a quick 'see you soon.' Then, I make my way to the rows of seats reserved for the students. Friends and families surround the big group of graduates. I swallow a large lump in my throat and sit in my seat between two girls who keep gossiping about some guy.

Soon enough, names start being called. I zone out and only came back to reality every now and then.

"Justin Bieber."

I scramble to stand up as I hear my name being called and walk onto the stage. Time for my 'great' speech. I shake hands with every staff member on the stage before making my way up to the podium, having to be the one to make a great speech. I search the crowd and find Jason sitting in his black suit and red tie. Man, does he look good.

We make eye contact and he smiles softly. I take a deep breath and start reading my speech aloud. (AN: yes, many quotes are in here)

"Dear fellow graduates, graduation is not the end but the beginning. The best is yet to come. Like Eleanor Roosevelt said "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." We've all worked hard for this day to come, some harder than others. But we've all made it this far, so why stop now? Go into the world and do well.

Most importantly, go into the world and do good. Be the change you want to see in the world. The biggest adventure you can take is to live your life of your dreams. It. Never. Gets. Easier. But you do get better. High school, is a lot like toilet paper. You only miss it when it's gone.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. Keep your friends and family close. Thank you all, and I hope you pursue your dreams and go along with the roads that'll lead you there."

Many people laugh at my joke, including Jason, and they all seem pleased with my speech. I'm given a standing ovation. Wow, I've been recognized for something other than my parents. I walk off the stage and sit back in my seat. The rest of the names are called and the superintendent gives a few words. More like a few paragraphs...It is finally time to throw our caps so I throw mine up in the air. A huge smile ks spread across my face for finally having this done with.

After we're set to go, I immediately go to find Jason. I find him at the exit and he immediately starts babbling.

"You did great! How do you feel?" He asks while looking intently at me.

"Relieved," Is all I say before we get in the car.

I pull off my gown and adjust my tank top that lies under. I groan in pleasure as the cool air hits my exposed skin.

"It was sooo hot," I complain.

Jason grins and it is only now that I notice he took his blazer and tie off, the top two buttons of his shirt undone. I stare at him for a while because of how good he looks.

"Like the view?"

I snap out of my thoughts before blushing and nodding my head. A low chuckle escapes his lips as he turns his focus to the road. Everything was already sent to the house in Minnesota and now we were in for the drive to the airport. Earlier today, we packed things in our bags to change into at the airport. Time to leave Oregon, the state I've lived in most of my life. Most? I lived in Canada up until I was four years old.

It's been a hell of a ride.

It'll be even longer.

~~

Word Count: 1052

It's a little more than last.

Sorry it sucked ass.

I've been busy with school. Exams are coming up on the 14th and 15th.

I gots to get to high school ya'll lol <3

Love ya'll.

-Lilly