VIII

I don't live in darkness

Darkness lives in me.

It was a funny thing when people were cowering underneath you. The fear in their eyes told you something you always wanted to know. Fear was what kept Jason going. Fear was what kept him alive.

He stared blankly into the little girl's teary eyes as he stood in their living room, holding her father in his arms. His breathing was quick and unsteady because of the fear he held in.

"Daddy, who is he?" the girl squealed shakily while studying Jason's masked figure.

The smirk on the blond's face grew wider as he took an intake of breath. Right when her father was about to speak, Jason's arm moved in one swift motion, his knife cutting the soft flesh of his neck.

••••••

Blood is leaking out of the wound in huge amounts as the little girl begins screaming. I let her dad's limp body fall out of my arms and onto the floor as he makes unpleasant gagging noises. A cold breeze blows throughout the house from the open door causing goosebumps to rise on my skin. Sirens blare throughout the neighborhood. My senses kick in right at that moment.

The man had been woken up by his daughter for a glass of water. When he walked into the kitchen I took him into my arms just as the daughter walked in. He screamed at first until I told him to shut up or I'd kill him. Obviously, the neighbors heard the scream or else the cops wouldn't of been nearby.

I take one last look at the crying girl's big green eyes before turning and running out of the door. Before you ask, yes I still have my knife in my gloved hand. As I was running through backyards I glance down at the bloody knife and smile to myself. The dark red sticky substance is very alluring. How can people not want to kill when they get to see this fascinating liquid?

Twigs snap and leaves crunch as the weight of my body stumbles upon them. Trees fly past in a blur with the moonlight peaking every now and then. The red, blue, and white lights have now disappeared from sight as my house comes into view. I run my way into the clearing of my home and slow down once I get to the door. I knock softly twice and hard once, then repeating the pattern. I hear footsteps in the house getting closer to the door, meaning Justin heard our code knock.

His face appears in the door way as the rest of his body stands behind the door like I taught him. Those big brown eyes study me intently for a minute. They flicker from my mask and then to my knife. Finally, he lets me in, knowing what my knife and mask look like. His cute button nose scrunches up in disgust as I walk by.

Did I just say cute? No, I don't believe I did. My eyebrows furrow in confusion as he continues to look at me.

"You smell," he murmurs softly.

I quickly smell myself before nodding and hurrying up the steps. A little giggle leaves his lips as walk into my room. I pull out a pair of black boxers and a pair of red and black Nike joggers. Once in the bathroom, I strip out of my clothes and set my still bloodied knife on the counter. I let the water warm up to my liking and then hop in.