III

Maybe you could be the lightThat opens up my eyesMake all my wrongs right

That opens up my eyes
Make all my wrongs right

Justin crept over to the window to see it lead to the roof. Good place to watch the stars but also a good place to escape. He found his shoes and slipped them on, not caring whether he had socks on or not. He found a jacket in the closet of the bedroom and headed back to the window. He quietly unlocked it in hope of no noise. His hopes were crushed as he slid the window open with a squeak. Body frozen, breathing quiet, he listened for a minute before lifting one leg over the windowsill.

After slipping his small frame through the window, he carefully and quietly walked on the roof. He scanned the area, looking for a place to hop off. His brown eyes stopped as he took notice to one part of the roof hanging above a lower part of the roof. He moved over to it, failing at trying not to slip or twist his ankle. The jump was about five feet which he thought thoroughly about.

A thought strikes his mind. A smile came across his face as he sat down on the edge of the roofing. The area around it was plain grass, the fence surrounding the yard was just short enough for him to climb over. He used his upper body strength to dangle his body off the edge, closing the gap to like nothing.

His balance remained good as he ran along on the balls of his feet. His legs moved faster as he needed more momentum to get his jump higher onto the black, pointy fence. He jumped as my speed became increasingly faster and wrapped his fingers tight around the bars. He looked down at the ground below him and realized he made it half way up the fence. It was best to use his momentum to get up the fence now instead of letting his adrenaline drain out.

Once again, he dropped easily to the ground. Trees surrounded him as he tried running without snapping branches or crunching leaves. Not like he had done this before. Okay, that was a lie. He snuck out quite a bit when his parents were burning each other's faces off from their hot ass breath. He then started running freely knowing the male wouldn't catch him.

Life hurts a lot

Life hurts a lot

more than death.

~•~

A set of hands held Jason's head in one spot, forcing him to look at his father kneeling down.