Pack Lightly

3 days after the contest for Athens

"Poseidon how dare you!" Athena yelled as she slammed open the doors to his underwater throne room.Two mermaids sat upon his lap as he whispered sweet nothings into their ears.

"What have I done now?" he groaned.

"Do you lack comprehension? Depth?" she asked, a taunting grin settled upon her lips.

He diverted his attention back to the blonde mermaid as she began to kiss his neck wildly.

"You FLOODED an entire city! MY CITY!" she roared.

"And? I immerse cities in water all the time, your city is no different" he shrugged and signaled for her to depart. The mermaids snickered unmistakably to encourage him.

"You lost and I won...fairly. You cannot just flood Athens in a stupor of rage." Athena yelled; the goddess looked at him as he sat lazily in his chair.

"Nobody died." he laughed and dropped his face into his hand as the two mermaids worked through his long brown locks. "You are the goddess of wisdom?" he taunted her, "surely you should know how to stop Athens from inevitable peril" he shrugged.

"I cannot control matters that pertain to the sea." she spat as she walked closer to him.

"But you are ATHENA!! The ruler and protector of Athenaland!" he sang mockingly.

"Athens" she corrected him.

"Whatever" Posiden muttered and turned his attention once again to the mermaids in his company.

"Folly permeates your consciousness. You are nothing but a naive child dressed behind the rouge of a god" she read him to filth.

He snatched his trident and rose with fury. The two mermaids swam away in fear.

Poseidon walked down the steps and made his body tower over hers.

"You think you can come into my domain and disrespect me?" he pointed the end of his golden fork into her chest, anger laced his words.

"Clear the water out of Athens" she commanded as she pushed away his trident in disgust.

"Hmmm...and what happens if I don't feel like it?" he shrugged and inspected it once more.

His golden trident bent in disarray at the snap of Athena's fingers.

"Flood my city again.... I dare you" she pushed her finger into his toned chest.

"You dare me? What are you going to do about it goddess of wisdom?" he grinned into her face as he looked inside her blue eyes.

Athena's breathing quickened with worry as she examined his handsome visage.

"I said... what are you going to do about it?" Poseidon towered over her trying to intimidate her.

He stood silently as he waited for an answer.