Epilogue

In the next coming years, the gang had returned back to normal.

Ponyboy finished high school and went onto college. He made Darry proud every time he brought home a straight-A report card, but he didn't get on Pony's case about it. Not too long after he started writing his story, it was finished and published. One day a publisher read it and wanted to know if he wanted to publish it, and Ponyboy said yes! He sold more than a million copies of his book, and the gang was proud of the green-eyed, brunette greaser. After finishing college and getting a job as a therapist, he got married to Johnny at 25. They adopted two boys named Patrick and John. They both grew up like normal kids and didn't have to deal with social classes. They went through high school and both graduated from college. They hung out with the gangs' kids all the time, and they became as close as Pony's gang had been.

Sodapop still worked with Steve at the DX until he got married to Sandy. Yes, she came back and apologized. Everyone was skeptical at first, but it worked out, and they got married at 27. They had two girls named Alyssa and Mariana. They grew up the same way as Pony's kids and became close with the gangs' kids. The two kids went to high school and graduated from college. After they had kids, Soda opened up his own car shop with Steve, and they were as successful as ever.

Darry continued working at the same roofing place until he was old enough to retire. As soon as Pony was starting college, Darry enrolled in night classes and graduated with Ponyboy. Then, at 29, he got married to Helen Troy, and they had two boys named Michael and Sam. They went through high school and graduated from college, and boy was Darry proud.

Steve, Dally, and Two-Bit decided to finish high school like Pony had. They got their diplomas but didn't go to college. A few years after they finished, they all got married and had kids. They each had two kids.

Life was going well for the seven greasers, and they couldn't be happier.

================================

A/N: Well, it's finally finished! I really enjoyed writing this even though it took a really long time, and I hope you guys enjoyed it, too. Sorry if any of the characters sound OOC throughout the book. Anyways, until next time!

thanks for reading!

Stay Gold||Liz