Coming Back

Steve's POV

I didn't know if Darry and Soda were going to be coming or not. But we went back to camp and told Hutch about our problem. He really likes Ponyboy, so he was willing to do whatever it takes to get him back. He already lost Dave; he can't lose another one.

I was really hoping that Darry and Soda would show up, and soon enough, their unit came marching over to us. I saw Soda, and he walked right over to me. I gave him a brief hug, and then Darry came in right after him.

I said, "Hey, Darry."

"Hey, Steve."

"Besides what's going on now, how have you guys been?"

"We've been doing alright."

"What's the plan? How're we going to get Ponyboy back?"
~~~~
Narrator's POV

It's been three days since Ponyboy's been taken hostage. He's been getting beaten everyday. Getting raped every other day. When he couldn't put up a fight, two of the men would drag Ponyboy over to the metal mattress and electrocute him. His bruises became much worse than before. He was suffering something awful. He could barely move.

The two men who were always there would beat him until he was unconscious. Most days he was already unconscious. He could barely stand, and the guys didn't bother asking for information anymore. They decided to beat him senseless, because they didn't give a flying fuck about him. There was always one day of the week when he was awake and the guys were gone.

Before I continue, back at camp, the guys were a mess. Two-Bit, Dally, and Johnny were all there now, and they were worried sick when they didn't receive any more letters from Ponyboy. They were trying to come up with a plan to find find him. But they didn't have to. What happened next, would tell them exactly where he was.

Back in the hell hole, while Ponyboy was getting beaten, the one guy got out a gun. After beating Ponyboy senseless to the point where his eyes were close to being swollen shut, he aimed the gun at Ponyboy and shot him three times.
~~~~
A/N: Sorry for the short chapter guys. If you've read my older version of this book, (which isn't up anymore), you'll know that I had a chapter like this in that book. You'll also know that things will start picking up soon. Hope you guys are enjoying this story.

Stay Gold,
Liz💙