5 | C O F F E E

5 | C O F F E E

leila

T h e  bits of last night come back in a foggy haze.

My eyes strain to figure out the room. Blankets hang like streamers all around me letting strands of sunlight come shining through in tiny spurts of bright light.

I vaguely remember setting this up with Evan as I tried- and failed- at convincing her to return home to her fiance. But Evan wouldn't listen. Once the girl had her mind made up, there was no wiggle room for change. She was convinced I'd be raped and murdered if she left me alone. Which, quite frankly, makes no sense seeing as Evan's barely bigger than a toothpick and her voice carries like an off-brand Disney princess. Heck, if anything, she'd be top pickings for a serial killer, not the other way around.

I shake my head and curl up into a sitting position. A faint groan escapes Evan's lips as she reacts to my movement next to her. Everything inside me freezes fearing the worst. But after a beat, she cocoons herself back under the covers and starts snoozing. I smile down at her letting my hair fall over my shoulder.

Okay, so is it kind of bitchy that I think it's kind of nice that my best friend cared enough about me to spend the night with me? And I mean yeah, she ditched her fiance to do it, but it's still nice, right?

I want to feel guilty, but I can't. This is what Casey wants.

Me.

Gone.

And though her intentions may not have been the purest, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel the least bit excited about my new place.

Ian wasn't wrong when he staid the unit had a lot of potential. I mean, yeah. Sure. It's small. But they don't call it a tiny house for nothing. Just picturing the blonde wood paneled walls colored a nice neutral color gives me life. And the floors? If they were just a few shades darker they'd be great! Fantastic, even. I could hang art on the walls, get a couple of nice potted plants. And a couple stings of Edison bulbs would give it an cozy feeling.

Oh, God. Actually, now that I think about it, it'll be more like my old college dorm than anything.

But is that a bad thing?