4. Velvet box (part1)

A/U: Hi so this is gonna be a LOT, I'm sorry for not posting for a while this was a long write as I wrote the whole thing then realised I'd have to split it in half for being too long xD

///////

Ryan comes home and shuts the door behind him, sighing at the end to his long day. "Shane? I'm home!" No reply, "I'll just text him telling him I'm home he could be at the shops or something" Ryan throws himself onto the sofa and starts typing to his beloved boyfriend "hi baby, I think you're out right now, when are you gonna be back? I have a surprise for you tonight ;) your favourite food will indeed be apart of it. Today was so long and stressful I just need some cuddles and kisses from you right now:(<3" hit send as he jumped up and walked towards the bedroom *dzzz dzzz* Ryan looks around confused then checks his phone, he starts looking around the room, there on the bedside cabinet is Shane's phone, "hmm, okay he's an idiot sometimes he does this" Ryan went into the kitchen and started making dinner. 30 minutes went by and Ryan couldn't deny he started panicking "no okay he might still be at work but decided to stay back", Ryan set the table with flowers and petals, placed a little box at Shane's usual position as Ryan sat with his dinner, a two person table for one, though the apartment was tidy the man sitting alone in the dark, only illuminated by the candles on the table in which he set, alone. Ryan started twiddling with his spaghetti on his fork. An hour passed, still no sign of Shane, Ryan started panicking more and more, he sighed "okay think think think, what would Shane do? He's so smart. oh! I'll check his phone, he might've had an appointment after work?" Ryan placed his hands onto the table, standing slowly then swiftly jumped over the top of the sofa, the small man slid into the bedroom and crawled over the bed to his heart's demise.
Ryan swiped to unlock his boyfriend's phone, he clicked onto his calendar and checked the date, he sighed "nope". "He might've been meeting with a friend?" He typed the date into the messages search bar "nada". Almost as if by fate and perfect timing Shane's phone buzzes, Ryan has never clicked so fast "you're just gone and I already miss you..." Ryan look confused, he typed back "who is this? My phone reset itself so I can't see any contact name?" Ryan typed out and sent, his heart beat quickening "come on Shane, it's Anna, how many girls you fucking?" Ryan could feel his organs sink, his eyes well up, "what?" Ryan replied "oh is this Ryan? Oh fuck you weren't supposed to see this darling, sorry to break it to you but we exchange body heat in the backseat of my car every two days, whilst you're at work and home, his dick his huge, he always fills me up, no condoms either ;)" Ryan started crying before throwing the phone to the bed, "FUCK! SHANE IS THAT FUCKING TRUE?! FUCK YOU YOU PIECE OF SH-" Ryan punched the wall then fell to the floor "...I'm the piece of shit. I was never good enough for you. I knew I never was" , Ryan drags himself to the sofa and bundles up into a ball as he cries his eyes out. *keys clattering together against the door* Ryan didn't even lift his head as he heard Shane unlock and enter the room "hey baby, I'm finally home, how was work?" Shane stopped in his tracks, noticing the table all set up, then noticing his small boyfriend on the sofa "aww did you fall asleep baby?" Shane crouched down next to him and kissed his forehead "Sh-Shane" Ryan's voice cracked as he looked up to meet eyes with the taller
Man. Shane looked worriedly at his crying lover "hey hey hey what happened? What's up baby?" Shane immediately grabbed the smaller boy into his arms and hugged him tightly "I wondered where you went..." Ryan pulled away, Shane sat up and held the raven haired man's hand "I checked your phone..." Shane moved closer "Ry, what's up?" Shane leaned down to look at the man's eyes he had his head hanging down "don't. I saw the messages...between you and Anna..." Shane listened carefully and patiently "and?" You could hear the worry in Shane's voice. "And? I saw you're fucking cheating on me!" Ryan pulled his hand out of the touch of his lover as he threw his head up and stared into the tall  man's eyes, Shane's heart visibly broke, "I'm sorry what?" Ryan jumped up "don't act dumb with me Shane Alexander Madej, you know fine well what I mean, you're home late, I'm worried sick and your phone gets messages from somebody called Anna saying you fucked her and fuck her regularly and that's not cheating? Yeah okay Shane!" Ryan shouted as the anger grew inside of him "Ry...I wouldn-" Shane reached a hand out for Ryan to take "save it, Alexander. I'm done. I never was good enough for you, I told you every fucking day that you'd find somebody better than me, you denied it everytime I even nearly started to believe that I was enough. Well I'm not angry, you know I'm actually happy, now you get her, you get to be happy with somebody great. You're fucking welcome. I'm sorry for being a shitty cog in your machine" Tears already streaming and staining Shane's cheeks as Ryan rubbed his away "Ryan, please just list-" Ryan snuffed his nose and wiped away more tears with his hand "save it" Ryan put on his coat from earlier and opened the front door "Ryan Steven Bergara, don't you fucking dare walk out on me like this" Shane stood up tall and stomped his foot, furious, whilst his face showed completely opposite of his body, his body stood strong, his face showed nothing but heartbreak and pain "goodbye" Ryan shut the door and locked it immediately as Shane ran to the door and banged it "Ryan please!"
Ryan burst into tears again as he ran.
Shane burst into tears again as he slid down the door.
"Shane you fucking idiot, you try to do anything right and you fuck up even more" Shane slowly removed a little velvet box from his pocket, "you fucking idiot" he throws the little box across the room as he curls up to the door.

Huh? "Did I fall asleep? Was it all a dream?" Shane jumps up to the table all set like it was in his dream, "oh no" *dzzzzz dzzzzz* Shane's focus turns towards his buzzing phone, "now let's deal with you" Shane placed a hand in the door frame as he watched his phone vibrate with the word "Anna" the pit in his stomach grew. Shane picked up the phone "hello Anna" he heard her laugh which only curled his anger "did you get what you wanted at the jewellers?" Shane scoffed at her false innocence "oh yeah, I got what I wanted, soon you will too" she laughed nervously "what does that even mean you weirdo" she laughed again. Shane traced the hole in the wall, Ryan made, with his fingers "oh you know, just stuff, anyway Anna, what have you been up to today after work?" Shane sat on the bed trying not to explode "I was just doing work, ya know, I bumped into Ryan today when he was going home, he seems tired, is he okay?" Shane laughed "oh yeah Ryan's great. Now what the fuck did you say to him Anna?" Anna gasped "uh what the fuck do you mean?" Shane laughed again "won't tell me? It's fine I'll just go read the messages..." Shane waited for an answer and to none of his surprise, "you know I know you're lying, right? I have your texts right here yet you're still trying to think of a different story to give me" Shane scrolled through her messages "wait just know I love you" She shouted "backseat.. huge... fills me...no cond-ARE YOU ACTUALLY FUCKING INSANE IN THE HEAD?" Shane erupted "listen...I just want you to love me like I lov-" Anna stumbled to explain herself "FUCKING SAVE IT. I love Ryan, I am in love with Ryan. I AM GOING TO MARRY MY RYAN. You play no part in our love story, I will never love you, not as a friend, not as a lover. Goodbye Anna" Shane sniffed "wait wait wai-" Shane hung up, tears starting to stream down his face "I'm so sorry Ryan".

Shane pulled his phone out and realises it's been 2 hours since Ryan left, he tries to phone him "please please please pick up" the phone rings out, he tries again. The same thing happens. "Okay I'll come find you" Shane packs a little bag with a blanket in it as Ryan has no family near here "he'll probably be outside" off Shane goes. After what fees like hours of searching to no avail, He goes to the police station "hi, I'd like to report a missing person and request a search party please" the police officer looks at Shane dead in the eye "how long has said person been missing?" the intimidating officer spoke "uh 5 hours" Shane's voice cracked "riiiight, okay you know it's usually 24 hours before we do search parties right?" The older man humoured. A younger man made his way over and placed a hand on the older man's shoulder "you grieving our guests?" The young man chirped making the older sigh "no, just serious business, Chief" the younger laughed "just because it's serious doesn't mean you have to scare the hell out of our people, Commander. Hey there, I'm Chief Lucio, here good sir is Commander Jack, what seems to be the issue?" The younger man shon a bright smile at Shane to calm his nerves "well my boyfriend and I had an argument and then he ran away and I've been searching by myself for the past 3 hours and I haven't seen a single sign of him and I'm very very worried" the young man smiled even wider as the older rolled his eyes "I'm very sorry about this..." "Shane, my name is Shane" "I'm very sorry about this all happening Shane but I can assure you we will stop at nothing to find this man, I'll get the best of my men on the job" the older man looked confused at the younger "what Commander? Do we have an issue?" The younger winked and the older man sighed and walked away making Shane laugh of relief "hey don't mind him, he's just a grumpy old fart. Anyway can you give us a description of your boyfriend?" Chief Lucio lead Shane over to a chair as he grabbed the illustrator too...

/////
Word count: 1888
A/N: uh okay so it was 4000 words all together so I had to put it into a two-parter, lemme know if you guys like longer or shorter stories please! I'm glad you're enjoying it! :D