2. Truly a dream

A/U: Hi! This song is really cool and I think it'll help set the mood for this one.
I'm happy this is how I'm spending my Higher English grade😌
/////////

A very Sleepy Shane, walked through the doors of Buzzfeed HQ , sighing as he bumped into somebody, dropping his work folder scattering the pages around the floor, Shane facepalmed and bent down to start picking them up as he saw the feet of the person who bumped into him "Hi, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to cause any harm. Let me get that" the man bent down too. Shane met with these gorgeous chocolate eyes, he could feel his cheeks heat up as he smiled "oh uh yeah thank you, sorry I just wasn't focusing on what I was doing" Shane explained as he nervously laughed resulting in the other man laughing too. Shane retrieved his work as the man took his free hand and helped Shane to his feet, "Well it was lovely meeting you, I gotta dash but no hard feelings, right?" The soft smile of the stranger made Shane's heart skip a beat "oh yeah, we're good, my name's Shane by the way!" Shane shouted as the man turned around, waving and walking backwards "well Shane, it was an honour talking to you" the man bowed jokingly and kept walking his original direction.
"What was that, Shane? You're such a loser, dude" Shane thought and shook his head, tightening his grip on his belongings in his arms, "am I normally this awkward with new friends?"
~~~~~~
Shane went to his desk and placed his things down, noticing the usually empty desk next to him had a computer with the password on a sticky note stuck to it, Shane looked around confused, but decided to not question it and tried to concentrate on his own work until the day ended.
~~~~~~
Shane went home and lay awake thinking of the day, "who was that man?" I've literally never seen him before" Shane pondered as he slowly slipped into sleep.
Only to awaken a few hours later from a dream of the man he met, "who the fuck is this man? Why is he on my mind?" Shane could feel his heart beat speed up as the mere thought of the man came to his mind "what the fuck?" Shane got up for a glass of water then eventually fell asleep again.
~~~~~~
"Same thing, different day" Shane thought to himself as he walked into work. The man from yesterday no where to be seen. Shane mindlessly walked to his desk with his headphones on, not really paying attention, "Shane? Shane? Hello? Dude?" Somebody tapped his shoulder making Shane realise and take this headphones off "hi sorry, I couldn't hear you" it was Shane's friend Eugene, "yeah it's okay, I have a surprise for you, come follow me" Shane agreed but he couldn't deny he was a little scared of the outcome of this. "Shane, please meet this lovely man you will be working with on a new project" Eugene said placing his hands on his hips smiling widely, Shane blinked and his eyes opened as if it was slow motion, he immediately noticed those eyes and his heart started going 100mph, Shane let out an awkward laugh "oh hey you" Shane straightened up again trying to be cool, "Heya, Shane the sleepy head" the man crossed his arms smirking as he pushed his hip out to the side making Shane giggle a little "well the pleasure's mine to meet you again..." Shane stopped and raised an eyebrow to indicate the man to state his name "Ryan, Ryan Bergara" Shane smiled "Ryan, it's lovely to see you again" Eugene stood confused but smiled at the interaction between the two. Ryan looked to his at the floor and shuffled his feet "(cough) anyway, Shane meet Ryan, Ryan this is Shane, you're now partners" both Shane and Ryan's eyes bolted up as a pink hue to their cheek grew "business partners of course" Eugene winked and patted the men on the back before walking away. "Sorry again for bumping into you yesterday" Ryan smiled "nah, don't worry it was my fault for not paying attention, I'm sorry" Shane laughed as he stared into the shorter man's eyes "shall we go to our desks and start working then?" Ryan's smile never leaving his face. Off they went.
~~~~~~
Days have passed yet Shane was in bed having the same nightmare again and again, nightmare? A dream? He doesn't know yet. Ryan, it's always Ryan. Like the many nights before; Shane got himself a glass of water, he leaned against his kitchen counter "what is happening? Am I in love? No, don't be stupid, do I have a crush though? No, wait, of course not, I'm straight, always have been, always will be. There's no way, no chance" Shane spoke to himself before chugging his water and placing the glass in the sink and returning to bed.
~~~~~~
Ryan sat at his desk researching some stories for the new show, he was reading up on all these supernatural places and crime cases that he knew Shane and him would love. Speaking of Shane, he just arrived and sat down at his desk looking tired as usual "hey you okay man? You always look so exhausted?" Ryan asked concerned of his friend's health. "Yeah yeah, man, I'm good, just keep having a reoccurring dream though but nothing too serious" Shane ruffled his hair as he took a sip of his coffee "a dream? A dream about what?" Shane saw Ryan became intrigued and laughed "well more of a nightmare actually..." Shane looked at his computer and started logging in to tease Ryan in his story "a nightmare? Oh my god, like a spooky nightmare? Is it ghosts? Or goblins? Or something horrifying" Ryan urgently demanded answers as he was now fully facing Shane with excitement in his eyes "yes, it's a horrible nightmare, a nightmare in which you keep bombarding me questions too early in the morning" Shane chuckled as Ryan sighed in disappointment but began laughing too as he failed to pretend to be angry. "Anyway detective Bergara, whatcha got so far?" Shane moved his swivel chair closer to the raven haired man "ah ah ah, you don't get to see yet until we film it" Ryan desperately covered his screen with his hands making Shane laugh again, "okay okay okay, I was hoping you forgot about that rule. When are we filming anyway?" Ryan smiled "today, so luckily Mr Impatient, you don't have to wait much longer" Ryan booped Shane's nose as he jumped from his chair and walked over to the printer to receive his notes, Shane smiled in awe as he watched the short man do his thing. "What you staring at big head?" Ryan smirked as Shane was thrown back to reality "oh uh nothing hah, you good?" Ryan raised his eyebrow "yeah I'm good, let's get to the detective's office, Madej" Shane laughed as he stood up he happened to make eye contact with his good friend Eugene who simply smirked and winked, with this tiniest gesture Shane realised what was happening.
~~~~~~
As the two men sat and Ryan ran over his lines in his mind, scanning his papers in front of him Shane couldn't help but get lost in his imagination again, "those eyes, I can't forget them, they've been haunting my sleep each night, that smile taunting me every time I see it, everything about him haunts me when I'm not with him and it always perplexes me time and time again" Ryan notices he was being watched and clapped his hands in front of a dazed smiling Shane's face "Shaney? You good boo?" Shane snapped back to himself and laughed "yeah sorry, I was looking at ...uh your notes" Ryan laughed and pushing the taller man slightly "I saw you staring at me, you idiot" Shane laughed nervously again and scratched his neck "you didn't see shit Bergara, I refuse" Ryan wheezed "you see anything you like? You can always stare at me whenever you want baby, just tell me first so I can make myself look cute" Ryan half-joked before kissing his fingers and gently slapping Shane's face to keep him awake, Shane laughed but of course was quite taken back by the small boy's retort "oh yeah don't worry, I will but shame I don't see anything I like" Shane lied, He stood up, placing a hand above his eyes, pretending to look far away, much to Ryan's amusement "okay okay you've had your fun big guy, now let's get to this" Ryan tugged on Shane's dark denim jacket to make him sit down next to him and they recorded their first episode of their new Supernatural series. Shane smiled and laughed through the whole thing just being so incredibly happy to be able to be apart of this passion of his new bestfriend.
~~~~~~
A few weeks whiz past and it's time for Buzzfeed's annual work party, Shane was there early to ensure he didn't over sleep and miss it like he had in the previous years. He spotted the sharply dressed Eugene almost immediately, "looking dapper as ever, Eugene" Eugene laughed "hello there, tall guy, not looking too shabby yourself, got anyone to impress?" Eugene suggested as he bumped his hip against Shane's "no actually, still single and not looking, you know I'm in love with my work" Shane lied as he bowed in a joking manner resulting in Eugene laughing "uh yeah sure you do, we both know you've only began to love it since a lil' birdie joined" Shane blushed knowing the purple suited man was correct "yeah yeah okay okay" Shane ruffled his hair "we both know cute attracts cute and lucky for you, you're cute and so is the lil birdie walking in - you just messed up your hair! Omyfkngawd" Eugene grabbed Shane, before he had time to reply, taking him to the bathroom to fix his hair.
The men returned to the main room and Shane's eyes darted towards the person he's realised he's crushed on for weeks now, they seen him and started to walk towards him as he continued to worry to Eugene, he laughed and pushed Shane forward into the man in front of him. "Ryan! Hiiii" a smile plastered on his face, "heya, you're looking uhhh..." Ryan trailed off unsure of how the other man felt "you're looking very handsome Ryan, almost too handsome and I'm jealous" Shane stepped forward giving the smaller man a hug reassuring Ryan it was okay. "Oh, jealous of...?" Ryan raised an eyebrow and he crossed him arms, a smile never leaving his smile "jealous of anybody else who gets to talk to you" Shane stroked Ryan's face making him shiver and his knees weak "Shane, rea-" Eugene suddenly jumped on mic at the front of the room "this is for all those lovers out there, just tryna be loved, things seem hard, I know but you've got this" Eugene then asked the DJ to start playing a slow love song and told everybody to dance, Shane's stare returned to Ryan to see his never left him, that same goofy smile still plastered on his face "shall we?" Shane offered his hand to Ryan, taking it with glee "you know I'm really shit at dancing, right?" Ryan laughed as he stumbled around attempting to keep up with Shane "that's okay we can slow it down, I'll guide you" Ryan wrapped one arm around Shane's neck still holding onto his hand with the other, Shane smiled and giggled to himself "I don't think you realise how happy I am for the first time in forever" Ryan blushed at Shane's statement "you don't know how long I've waited for this" Shane laughed "really? You should've told me" Ryan smiled and shook his head "nah Eugene told me to wait it out, let you figure yourself out on your own, not to let you run away" Shane rested his head on top of Ryan's "you were worth the wait ,either way" Shane kissed his head as they swayed to the music. "Maybe those were reoccurring dreams after all, because you in my arms truly is a dream" Shane tightened his grip as Ryan nuzzled his head into Shane's chest.

////////////
Word Count: 2114
A/U: Yo so this is long as heck, and I don't know if I should apologise for it because I love this one so much! But like I hope you enjoy it too! Thank you so so so much for all the support so far!