Chapter 12: Teenage Romance

You, Clem and AJ walk out in the courtyard to see everyone prepping for the upcoming battle. "You read to work today, kiddo?" Clem asked AJ. "Bad dreams always make me more tired." AJ replied. "Me, too." Clem said. "Same here." You said. "I slept better with you guys." He said to you two. "It's my turn to be lookout." And you guys see Tenn on top of the tower. He waves at AJ, who smiles and runs to him.

You and Clem smile at AJ when you two hear Louis and Violet arguing, so you two go over to them. "Dammit, Louis, take this seriously, for once in your life!" Violet shouts. "I've been taking this seriously for fucking days! Almost two weeks!" Louis exclaimed. "So has everyone! Get over yourself!" Violet said and Louis walks away as Violet sees you two.

"Hey." She said as she walks up to you two. "I thought Lilly and Abel would show up days ago. I wonder why they're holding off." Clem said to her.
"Don't know. All I wanted was more time to prepare, but now this waiting sucks, and everyone's on edge." Violet grumbles. "Need our help?" You asked her. "Yeah, actually. Could you guys check on everyone, and make sure they're doing shit right?" She asked.
"Sure, we're on it." Clem said. "Yeah, we'll split up. Should be done faster that way." You said. "Thanks guys. I should go board up the back hallway, since Louis isn't gonna do it." She said as you see Louis shooting a bow and arrow. She walks away and you and Clem split up to check on everyone.

You walked over to the graveyard where you see Rosie laying next to Marlon's grave. You look over at her and she looks up to you and stands up. You kneel down to her and she walks up to you. Then you reach out and pet her. "What was it that Marlon used to do?" You asked yourself before you go and whistle, making Rosie sit up. You giggled at this as Rosie barks, happily, at you and walks away.

Then you go back out to the courtyard and see Clem was practicing shooting a bow and arrow with Louis. You walked over to Mitch and helped him with his bomb, which didn't go off. He cursed and became frustrated but you told him to keep trying and that he'll figure it out.

After checking on everyone, you and Clem go and meet up with Violet, who was sitting on the front steps of the admin building. "Back hallways secure. How is everyone?" She asked.
"They're ready for this." Clem said. "Really?" Violet asked. "Really. The school is defended, and everyone's eager to get the fight over with." You said and she nods.

The doors behind you guys burst open and you guys see Aasim and Willy walking out, arguing. "Because you're boring and your idea is stupid!" Willy yells at Aasim. "Oh, I'm being stupid? You're the one who can't think straight. If you could hear yourself--" Aasim yells.

"Guys! What the fuck?" Violet asked, angrily, as everyone comes up to them. "Violet told us to work on the traps together, but Aasim won't listen to anything I say!" Willy said to Louis, who was walking up to him. "That doesn't mean you have to scream at each other." Louis said to Willy. "Stay out of this." Aasim said to Louis before he turns to Violet.

"I have an idea for duffel bags filled with bricks. We drop them on the raiders, if they get to the admin building. Willy here wants to use a giant, idiotic swinging log to take out one raider at most. It's completely stupid." Aasim said.

"You're stupid!" Willy retorts.

"You're being childish!" Aasim yells.

"I am not! I'm trying to help!" Willy screams.

"Aasim is right. We should use his bricks trap. It sounds more practical." You said.

"Mine's practical, too!" Willy shouts.

"No, it isn't. It's exactly the kind of thing a child would think up. Especially a child who has no idea what he's up against." Aasim said when Willy punches him in the stomach.