Chapter 2: Welcome to Ericson's Boarding School for Troubled Youth

Clem groans as he starts to come to. He moved his head to the right then to the left before his eyes flicker open. He looks around his surroundings to see he was in a room, sleeping on a bunk bed. He looks to his left and sees that there was a medical box on a dresser next to him.

He lays his head down as he groans and closes his eyes until he quickly opens them and realized something. "(Y/N)! AJ!" He shouts as he gets up but then something stopped him. He looks to his left and sees that his left wrist was taped to the bedpost. He reaches out, rips the tape off and slowly sits up.

"What is this place?" He asked himself as he get up from the bed and walks over to the door but it was locked. "Shit." He growls and he looks around and saw a closet next to the door. 

He opens it, revealing a few shirts hanging and some boxes but once he looks up, he sees another box on the top shelf. Thanks to him being tall, he easily grabs the box and pulls it down.
Then he sets it on a desk and opens it.
He rummages through it until he found a stencil knife. He picks it up and smiles. "This'll do." He mutters and he walks back to the door and used the tool to unlock the door.

He walks out of the room only to find himself in a hallway. He examines a glass cabinet where someone had etched the words Fuck you on the glass. He turns to his left and started to go around the corner when he heard a door down that hall. 

He gasped as he heard footsteps and he runs the other way and hides next to the cabinet. He sits and waits until a boy, a few of years older than AJ, walks up to the room Clem was just in. He gasped when he saw the door was open and he pulls out his knife then goes to look inside of the room. "Don't move. Stay where you are. Don't turn around." Clem ordered as the boy gasps and raises his arms. "Put down the knife." Clem ordered him.

"How about you do the same?" A male's voice said. Clem looks to his right to see a figure holding a bow and arrow, which was aimed at Clem.
Clem glares at the figure and gets into a stance, ready for an attack. "We're not gonna hurt you. We've got your girlfriend and your boy. They're safe." The figure said as the boy backs away from Clem. Clem's heart jumps as he hears that you and AJ are okay but he doesn't know if he should trust this guy, so he held onto to his weapon.

"I'll take you to see them. Just put down the knife." The figure said and Clem decides he doesn't want to make this worse and drops the knife. "Your turn." Clem said to the figure. And the guy lowers his bow and puts away the arrow as he walks into the light.

He looked like he was around Clem's age and he had a blond mullet hair and wearing a varsity type jacket, along with a shirt, jeans and boots.
"See? We're not gonna hurt you. I'm Marlon. The little guy is Tennessee. Tenn for short. He's the one been taking care of you." Marlon introduced as Tenn looks down in either shyness or fright, Clem wasn't for sure.

"He, uh, doesn't talk much." Marlon said, shrugging. 

"Clement." Clem introduced.

"Sorry about locking the door and trying you to the bed and all. You were in, uh, pretty rough shape when we found you. We had to take precautions. You know, just in case." Marlon explains. "No need to explain. Like you said, I was in pretty rough shape." Clem said. "Yeah, to say the least. Must've been tough out there. For all three of you." Marlon said.

"Anyway, didn't mean to scare you. Just being cautious. Sorry if it came across the wrong way. But you're safe now. So's your friends'. Come on. Let's go see them." Marlon said and he leads Clem out of the building.

The boys go outside where Clem looks out in awe at the large brick buildings that were covered in vines. This place looks like a school! Clem thought as Marlon walks up next to him. "So you've been surviving out there a while, huh?" He asked. "Yeah, we've been on the road for a long time." Clem replied. "Take it you know how to handle yourself?" Marlon asked. "Don't usually see people our age alone, out in the wild. I can't imagine what that must've been like."