CHAPTER TWO: MEETING THE CARDINAL & GOLDEN RETRIEVER

Start from the beginning

"Do you want to ask me a question or do you maybe want to tell me a little about yourself?" I asked him another question. "Umm, I've heard of a game from one of my friends, who happened to have been adopted but then brought back here, he called it '21 questions'... or was it a different number? Me first, how old are you?" Seokjin replied then asked me. "I'm 22 years old, 23 in August," I answered truthfully, then continued with the same question for him, "Me, I am 28 years old in December. What made you want to help us hybrids? I thought everyone hated us?" he asked me with curiosity in both his tone and eyes. "I wanted to help hybrids because I don't agree with how other humans are treating you all, just because you are only half-animal, the other half is still human, so, therefore, shouldn't you all have the same human rights as the rest of us?" I answered to the best of my abilities. Seokjin seemed to have liked my answer because he seemed to be less tense, and he even stepped forward to take a seat on the other hard-looking chair displayed in the room.

"Is this shelter as bad of a place as my friend says it is? Do they really hurt you here?" I whispered because I know the man from earlier is still outside this room. "Depends, it depends on how bad your friend has said it was, but I would consider it bad, any type of abuse is terribly bad," Seokjin replied. "Are you one of those rich humans?" Seokjin asked curiously but you can hear the distaste. "My family has money, yes, but I don't hold the title 'rich', I want to earn my own money and make myself proud of that money," I replied to his question. "What type of hybrid are you?" I asked him the question that I've been dying to ask since I laid my eyes on the handsome hybrid. "I am a red cardinal bird hybrid, and I really like singing," he answered me with a proud smile on his face.

"He has to go now, time for the next hybrid," the man from earlier didn't even knock, but just interrupted Seokjin and I's conversation. Seokjin sadly left and I yet again was left alone waiting for that man to bring in the next hybrid. I hope he's nicer while bringing this hybrid into the room, most likely not though.

As expected, the next hybrid to be shoved through the doors to this small room was one of the more energetic hyper ones. He looked happy even though he was just shoved around. I think he's just happy to see a new face around here. "Hello, my name is Jung Hoseok, but if we are going to be friends, then you can call me J-Hope. I'm your hope, you're my hope, I am J-Hope! I am a golden retriever hybrid" Hoseok said excitedly while trying to run to hug me, but he got pulled back by the leash around his neck. "Stop trying to run, she doesn't want your filthy paws touching her!" the man yelled at Hoseok while raising his hand that wasn't holding the leash. Hoseok's face dropped into a deep frown. I grew even more hate for this man, Hoseok is honestly adorable I'd love to get a hug from someone as cute as him. Not only was this man holding a leash around Hoseok's neck, raising his voice at him and saying what he just said, but to raise his hand the way he just did. I won't stand for abuse. I grabbed the man's hand before it could make contact with Hoseok's skin.

I need to put that smile back on Hoseok's adorable face.

After the man left, I took the leash off from around Hoseok's neck, then I got the most breathtaking hug from the said golden retriever hybrid.

"Hello, Hoseok, my name is Y/N, and I am here to adopt a few hybrids in order to help get them out of any bad situations, surroundings and environments. Please, be honest with me now, do things like that happen all the time around here? What that man tried doing to you is bad, the same goes for what he said to you," I introduced myself to the golden retriever as well as asked him, making sure to not turn my tone into a strict one, as the hybrid already looks very timid. When I asked him this, however, his sunshine smile dropped and I thought I may have said something that hurt him, but instead, he started to cry and hug me, clinging to my arm. "Omg, are you the girl that Kasey told me about, she said that someone will come and help us, if so, thank you, thank you. Thank you, a thousand times, over. This place is terrible, I've been here so many times, and each time I'm dumb enough to think that the people here are going to change, but they never do. They hurt us if we don't obey their rules, and they lock us in cages as a punishment. This mostly happens to Suga and Joon, because they try to stand up for themselves and the rest of us," Hoseok said as he slowly stopped crying and proceeded to hug me even tighter. "Yes, J-Hope, Kasey sent me here, she told me a few things about this shelter, but I needed to hear it for myself as well. I came here as soon as I cleared some space in my home, I promise that after I've finished talking to a few other hybrids, I am going to adopt you guys, you can stay with me at my home, for as long as you need," I said to him with a reassuring smile, and then I gave him a big comforting hug.

Hoseok and I stayed in a comforting hug for the rest of our time together, he had stopped crying and once again had put that beautiful sunshine smile back on his face while he quietly spoke to me about anything and everything. Then the horrible man from earlier came back and took Hoseok back to where they were keeping the hybrids. Instead of the man coming back with the next hybrid the receptionist girl is going to bring in the cat hybrid.

Word Count: 1,984

Please don't forget to comment your opinion on this chapter. Thank you and enjoy your day.