three. jimin [f]

It was late in the afternoon. You sat crisscrossed on the ground in BigHit's dance studio, waiting as your boyfriend finished up his practice for the day. By now, the other members had gone home, but Jimin insisted to stay longer for some extra practice for his solo stage. You had decided to meet him here after work so you two could go home together, as your work was only a short walk from the studio. 

You scrolled through your phone aimlessly, passing the time until you'd leave. Finding no interest on the screen in front of you, you locked your phone and put it to the side and instead focused on the mesmerizing moves of your boyfriend. The way Jimin was able to move his body amazed you each and every time. You loved how passionate he was, and he loved you even more for thinking that of him. 

However, instead of the graceful look Jimin's face usually expressed with his dancing, it was replaced by a more strained one. You could tell he was getting frustrated the longer he watched his body in the mirror. His face was rigid, and he looked like he wanted to scream.

You stood up and started to walk over to him. Aggressively hitting one last move, Jimin crouched to the ground, his head in hands. You crouched next to him, one hand softly rubbing circles on his back while the other grasped his hand in hopes to reveal his face. 

He compliantly removed his hands and stared at himself in the large mirror in front of him. His eyes were watering with frustrated tears. 

"What's wrong, babe?" you asked softly.

He shook his head. "I can't get these moves right."

"I thought you looked really good!" you commented with a bright smile.

Jimin returned your cheerful demeanor with a fowl look. "I look in the mirror and I'm disappointed. No matter how hard I try I can't seem to look right. What will the fans think when they see me?"

You hated when Jimin was like this. He was always so hard on himself when it came to his work. He's such a perfectionist, and he doesn't understand that his fans - and you - will love and cherish him no matter what because of how hard he works. 

Jimin had been working on this dance for a long time; you could tell by how tired he looked. Knowing he needed a break, you stood up and outstretched your hand toward him. He looked up at you with a puzzled look. "Dance with me," you said.

"What?" he asks.

"Dance with me, Jimin," you repeat. "You're so tensed and stress. You need to have some fun."

With a small smile playing his lips, he rests his hand in yours. You pull him off the ground and lead him towards the music control area. You plug in your phone and randomly select a song from your playlist. The upbeat song sounds through the speakers and you lead Jimin back to the dance floor with you. 

You are not a dancer at all, so when Jimin sees you sporadically dancing around with no care in the world he can't help but laugh. "C'mon, Jiminie!" you shout over the music. In turn, he grabs your hand and you two begin dancing together. You can't help but see how beautiful Jimin looks right now. He has the biggest smile on his face and looks so carefree, which is a hard thing for Jimin to achieve nowadays with all the stress he endures. 

Catching you off-guard, Jimin pulls you close to him. He places a hand on the small of your back and dips you to the ground, meeting his lips with yours to seal the space between you two. You smile into the kiss and snake your arms around his neck. 

He breaks the kiss and pulls you back up. You place a hand on his flushed cheek and smile at him with endearment. "Jimin, I love you so much, but you need to stop thinking so negatively about yourself. You absolutely perfect and I don't want you thinking anything less, okay?"

He nods and places a gentle kiss on your forehead before engulfing you in a hug. "Thank you, baby. I don't know what I'd do without you."

✻✻✻✻✻

requests