one. namjoon [f]

The sound of loud laughter startled you, and you awoke from your sleep. You squinted as your eyes immediately were blinded by the sight of your bright TV screen a few feet away from you. Your eyes adjusted, and you remembered you were watching an old recording of a movie before you drifted off. 

A shiver of coldness ran up your spine and you clutched the blanket closer to your body in hopes to stay warm. Much to your dismay, your nose was still stuffy, you still had a pounding migraine, and you could still feel the soreness of your burning throat. You had hoped that sleeping would cure you of your cold, but it seemed to have no affect. 

Still a little dazed from your sleep, you felt for your phone. Grasping it in your hands, you checked the time - 1:27 A.M., it read. Your eyes wandered to the front door and searched for a pair of Namjoon's shoes. You sighed when you saw the entrance completely bare of anything, a sign that your boyfriend was still at his studio. 

Now you felt hot. You moaned out of agony and flung the blanket off of your body. Your hand reached up to your forehead and felt the hotness and drops of sweat that were forming. All you wanted was to not be sick. You couldn't afford it - you had a very big presentation to give at school tomorrow, which was counting towards your final grade in the class. The last thing you needed was to plummet your hard-earned GPA to the ground because of one class.

You also wanted one more thing - Namjoon. You were sure he presence alone would make you feel a whole lot better. You missed him so much all day. He left very early in the morning for work. By the time you woke up, he was gone, and he hadn't been aware of your sudden sickness. Surely if he knew he would've stayed home with you, but you couldn't let him do that. BTS are in the midst of preparing their upcoming album - you didn't want to bother him while he was working so hard. 

A sudden vile taste in your throat makes you spring up from your spot on the couch and run to the bathroom. You collapse on your knees in front of the toilet and let the contents spill out. This is miserable. 

You hear the sound of a door opening from the bathroom, meaning Namjoon is finally back home. You want to call out to him, but your voice is so hoarse. You flush the toilet and weakly lift yourself off of the ground to rise your mouth with water. Namjoon hears you and knocks on the bathroom door.

"Hey, are you in there?" he asks.

"Yeah." Your voice cracks from the soreness of your throat and it hurts to speak.

"Are you okay?" Namjoon asks worriedly. "Can you open the door?"

You take a glance of yourself in the mirror and cringe - you look deadly. Beads of sweat stick to your forehead, your hair is a matted mess, and your face is flushed. You sigh and open the door.

Namjoon's eyes widen at your sight. "You're sick," he says. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"You're so busy at work," you respond. "You can't afford to have days off. Besides, it's just a cold."

He gives you a soft smile and pulls you to his chest. You nuzzle into it, loving the warmth his body radiates to yours. "I don't care - if my baby is sick then I'm sick too. Next time you're sick you have to tell me. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, I'm here to take care of you, got it?"

You smile into his chest. How did you end up with someone as caring as him? "Okay, Joon. Thank you."

He kisses the top of your head in response. "Let's get you some medicine and then get you to bed, alright?" You nod your head and pull away from Namjoon. He grabs your hand, leading you into the bedroom. He untucks the covers and you crawl into the warm blankets. "I'll be right back with your medicine," he says and then disappears down the hall.

He comes back with a small medicine cup filled with a purple liquid and a glass of water. You sit up and drown the medicine and take a couple sips of water. Once you're done, you set the items on the bedside table and motion for Namjoon to lay down.

He smiles at you. After removing his clothes and changing into some sweatpants he crawls into bed with you. You immediately move over to meet him. You lay your head on his chest, his bare skin feeling cool on your hot cheeks. His hand hangs over your waist, moving up and down in soothing motions. 

"I love you, Y/N. You'll feel better by tomorrow, don't worry," Namjoon tells you and sweetly kisses the top of your head. 

"I love you most," you respond, and you two drift off into sleep. 

 ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻ ✻

requests