Snow Day⛄️

Warnings: SO FLUFFY~

Word Count: 1,673
————————————————————————

Dan wraps his arms around his head in protection as he's showered with articles of clothing.

"-and a scarf might be a good idea, and some gloves."

Dan sighs as he puts his coat on. "I cannot believe you talked me into going outside when it's literally the ice age."

"That's why you bundle up all warm and toasty!" Phil says merrily, way ahead of Dan and rocking back and forth on his heels by the door. He was ready to go, bundled up head to foot. Phil had insisted on going outside, since it was, "a nice day" according to Phil. All Dan saw was frostbite and cold, wet socks.

Dan had to admit that Phil's childlike enthusiasm was rather adorable, but he still kept on his sarcastic facade. Dan had barely got his gloves on when Phil was grabbing his hand and dragging him out the door.

"You're taking too long! The snow is all gonna melt!" He says, pulling Dan along down the hallway. Dan groans, running to keep up with Phil's pace. They make their way outside, where the world is wrapped up in a blanket of snow. The sun was mostly covered in clouds, but when it peeked out, the snow sparkled like diamonds.

"So what are we going out here for?" Dan asks, stuffing his gloved hands into his coat pockets.

"To do snow stuff! Sled, build a snow man, have a snowball fight, the classics!" Phil says happily, feet crunching through the little bit of snow not yet plowed off the sidewalk.

"But we didn't bring any sleds," Dan said, stepping next to Phil. "Heck, I don't even think we own any sleds!"

"Anything can be a sled, if you're adventurous enough."

"Anything huh, what about a cactus?" Dan asked, raising an eyebrow at Phil.

"It wouldn't be very comfortable, but if it's big enough to sit on, it could work!" Phil replied, giggling. His warm breath vapor floats up with each word.

"What about.. your mum!" Dan says, finger gunning.

"Oh shut up!" Phil says, shoving Dan slightly. Dan bumps into a branch which in turn dumps some snow onto his shoulder.

"Thanks Phil," Dan glares, brushing the snow off. "We haven't even started doing anything and you're already trying to soak my clothes."

Phil giggles, eyes crinkling at the side. Dan can't stop a lighthearted grin from stretching across his face. Despite his complaining, he was secretly enjoying himself.

"There should be a hill around here," Phil says, looking around them. They were in town, which had a few parks and open lands. "And hopefully they'll be some spare sleds lying about we can use."

"How do you know there's a hill around here?" Dan questions, voice going higher like it usually does when he's genuinely confused. "And won't two grown men sledding down a hill look ridiculous?"

"Maybe we can steal a stray child and pretend it's ours as we sled down the hill," Phil says. "Oh there it is!"

"I'm not even going to react to that," Dan mutters to himself, following after Phil. The hill was a decent size, evidence of use etched all over the hill. Only one side of the hill was usable, as the other was more a cliff down than a hill. But of course, there were sled marks down that side too. And marks that looked like whoever had tried going down had simply face planted into the snow below.

"See any sleds?" Phil questions, walking over to the empty hill.

"Nope. I can just ride you if worse.. comes to worse..." Dan says, words slowing down as he realizes what he said. He makes a face of oops. "I didn't quite think about that."