Chapter 6

Albus Dumbledore prided himself on many things. Being one step ahead of everyone else is one of these things, however, it seems as though someone has the upper hand on him. That person is his mother. Hecate had recently informed Albus that two Greek demigods were being sent from America to help aid in the defeat, or rather stop, the rise of Voldemort. Now, this would not do. Albus had already begun Harry's training, it was all going according to plan. The prophecy will come true one way or another and if Harry doesn't defeat Voldemort then no one can and then what will happen? The fall of wizarding kind? No this will not do, not on-

"Now now Albus, this is no time to work yourself in hysterics" Albus turned his head from where he was previously glaring a hole in the middle of one of the plush chairs surrounding his desk. Hecate stood tall at the door of his office. He rose to greet her and knelt before her feet. Demi-gods may not have to kneel nowadays, but Albus was an old man from old times and this was how it was done unless you wanted to be smited where you stood.

"Mother, I did not hear you enter"

"Yes, that was quite obvious. Even I couldn't hear myself think over the sound of your muttering" Hecate said as Albus slowly rose to his feet. She was dressed very plainly, in a modern-day witches clothes, just in case anyone was to barge in at the wrong moment. Albus nervously wiped his heads on his purple and gold robes as he watched Hecate magic herself a cup of tea.

"What has brought about your visit Mother?" Albus was most understandably confused. His mother had already visited a couple of weeks ago, Gods really visits their children. Albus was still bitter that in his roughly 120 years of life, he had only ever seen his mother 8 times. Hecate was never maternal, even by a Gods standard. Hecate glanced his way before gesturing for him to sit down. Albus choose to sit beside her.

"Now I know that you're not exactly thrilled about the Demi-Gods coming here but I have to remind you, son, these children were sent by me and are here on my order if I get word that you are interfering with their quest..." Hecate left the threat open. Albus knew she wouldn't hold back based on the fact that he is her child so he wisely nodded his head in agreement. Just as he was about to ask more about the Demigods, the door opened and Minerva McGonagall walked in at a fast pace.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you Albus but the children are arriving soon as are the new students" Albus turned his head to see that his mother was no longer sitting in the plush armchair next to him.

"Of course Minerva, I am just coming"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Firs' yers', firs' yers' this way" Nico and Will stepped off the train a few paces behind Neville before looking up at a very tall man, almost too tall. Nico grabbed Wills arm.

"Is that a Giant?!" Nico and Will both stopped walking as they watched the monster interact with a bunch of young children. Nico cautiously reached into his pocket for his disguised dagger.  Neville turned around to face them.

"Oh yeah that's Hagrid but he's only half Giant. He's the caretaker at Hogwarts." Neville was smiling as he said this. Nico took this a reassurance that Hagrid wasn't a murderous Giant that's was going to kill them in their sleep. Will smiled back a bit awkwardly as Neville lead them to some carriages being pulled by Thestrals. Nico had come across them many times in the Underworld and held a type of fondness for them. The young demigods gave the horses a glance before hopping into the carriages.

As they exited the carriages Nico was the first to jump out followed by a Will and Neville who were still deep in conversation. They were going on and on about some plant that had excellent healing properties, if Nico didn't know any better he might have started to worry about Neville stealing Will from him. Nico quickly shook those thoughts from his head before speaking loudly.

"So Neville, where to now?"
Neville spent quickly ushered them into the castle and down the many halls towards the 'Grand Hall' as Neville had called it. As they were approaching they saw a man dressed in black robes outside the large doors, standing with a scowl on his face. Will turn his head slightly towards Neville.

"What's with Mr Grinch over there?" Neville looked confused.

"Mr Who?"

" Never mind," Will said shaking his head, "What's with the guy standing over there looking like he either wants to kill everyone or himself." Neville nodded his head, now understanding.

"That's Professor Snape. He's the potions professor and head of Slytherin, he's really biased and always picks on on the other houses especially Gryffindors" Neville started to get a bit nervous as they were approaching the door entrance to the grand hall. When they were about to enter Professor Snape stopped them, much to Neville's dismay.

"Mister DiAngelo and Mister Solace, as the headmaster has already informed you will be apart of the Slytherin house and will be staying with them. I believe this is due to 'Family relations?'" Nico thought his father spoke with the most monotone voice there is, but this professor guy took it to another level.
"I will direct you over to the table now. Can I help you mister Longbottom?" Snape said as he stared down at Neville.

"Ah No-no sir," Neville barely spared a glance their way before rushing off towards a table filled with rowdy teenagers at the far right side of the room.

Snape turned and lead them over to a table on the far left side of the room before stalking off without another word.

"Well he was a ball of sunshine," Will said as him and Nico sat down on the wooden bench. From their seat, they could finally have a good look at the hall. Now Nico understood why it was called the Great Hall. He glanced over a Will who was staring around in amazement.

"I must admit, it comes very close to beating my Fathers dining hall," Nico said as Will tried to hold in a scoff.

"You must know how pretentious you sound."

They watched as the hall gradually filled until everyone was seated. Nico pretending not to notice the looks they were getting. Their obviously different uniform didn't help. It also didn't help that Draco Malloy sat beside and struck up a conversation with Nico. Will had noticed that this kid obviously had a reputation. He seemed to have thought about the conversation he had had with Will and decided it was best to be on good terms with them. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Neville get over-talked by the other Gryffindor. Will frowned. He had just met the kid but he thought of Neville as a good friend already.

The hall fell to a hush as dumbledore rose from his chair and stood before a wooden lectern carved into the shape of a phoenix.

"Well that's modest," Nico whispered over to will. Several Slytherins heard his remark and gave a chuckle of their own.

Dumbledore gave a small speech welcoming back the students before announcing the first years and the commencement of the sorting. Will was a patient person, you had to be if you were a doctor, but even he found the process of the sorting to be incredibly tedious. When the last student was sorted into Hufflepuff, Dumbledore stood again and announced that Hogwarts was going to be hosting the Tri-Wizard tournament.

"As some of you will know," Dumbledore begun, "The Tri-wizard tournament is an international event, with Hogwarts, Durmstrang and Beauxbatons, however this year, myself and the other headmasters, as well as Mr Crouch, have decided to include the Olympus Academy of Magic in America,"

Dumbledore gestured for Nico and Will to stand from there seats and he lend a round of applause. Both Nico and Will found themselves a little bit uncomfortable. Neville offered them a smile of sympathy when they made eye-contact.

"They have arrived early than the other schools who will come in a months time, please make them feel welcome."

'This will be fine' Nico thought to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

lol hi

uhhh i do art, if you wanna see it just follow my insta
eat_arty_ghosts
Or my main
_eat_ghosts_
Ily
Also read my other book 'Brother' I think you'd like it