the battle

Avalon's POV

I woke up to sounds of horses hooves hitting the ground. I look out my window to see a large herd of pitch's nightmares running towards North's place. I quickly woke up jack and we both went to wake up the other guardians.  The other guardians were up  and ready for battle in a minute.  We went out to battle, not knowing how it will end.

(time skip)

30min later

I was thrown against the wall by pitch. He hit me in the shoulder with black sand. I had a cut the length of my forearm on my left hand. I don't think anybody noticed, they were all busy fighting the nightmares while I battled pitch. I struck out using ice at him.  Pitch hit me again in the shoulder and I screamed. I guess jack heard me because he came running out from the heard of nightmares and quickly struck out at pitch. It was a strong enough hit to throw pitch into the heard. He bent down looking at my arm. Then he found a knife and cut a cut the length of his forearm on his right arm. He  aligned both our wounds and grabbed my arm where his hand rested. I did the same. I small light formed between our arms and I felt myself gain strength. The light faded and jack let go. I did to and when I looked at my arm it was healed. I look up to see a small herd of nightmares heading towards us. I was able to spot the nightmare I saw when pitch took me. I gave a smile and flicked my head, slightly, but it was good enough. The nightmare suddenly stopped and reared up spinning. The other nightmares did the same. Then all the nightmares suddenly vanished. I stood up and looked around for a sign of pitch, no luck. All the guardians looked towards me and jack, starring in disbelief.  They gave a quick cheer then went inside. me and jack stayed outside until they were gone. Then jack leaned over and gave me a quick kiss and went inside. I followed him.