14

Devonte

So I know it was supposed to be 4,000 words, but I had to shorten it. It's about 3,000 though, so I hope ya'll still love me lmao. The spacing is off omg its irritating me. And it ain't edited. Point out any mistakes. Love y'all-bby j💜

"So." Yazmine grinned up at me, and I gazed back into her huge brown eyes.

"So."

"You ready to meet my family?"

We were lying in bed, wasting time before we had to get ready for Trey's graduation. Last night, her family got in town. It had been a long time since I had to meet a girlfriend's parents and I was slick anxious.

"Yeah I'm ready."

"I can't believe the semester is over. I don't know what the fuck ima do with my summer."

"Damn, chill. Summer just started. I thought you applied to some internships anyways." One thing about Yazmine was she was the type that stressed herself out for no reason. She stressed about things that ain't even happen yet, like shit was insane to me. I tried to keep her calm, because all that stress was bad for her mental. We just were different though. I was a calm, chill ass nigga, who took life as it was handed to me. Yazmine was fixated on the future, which caused her to overthink a lot.

"Yeah, but I ain't get in to two of them. So there's only one left I'm waiting to hear back from. I'm scared."

"You'll get it. What is it though?"

"It's back in Atlanta. It's this program that works with troubled kids through art."

"That's dope. So you definitely going back to Atlanta for the summer?"

"Yeah, even if I don't get it. I'll be in the A."

Her phone started ringing and she shifted out of my arms to get it off the charger.

"Hey Mommy. Yeah, we're up. Yeah, we can. Ten? Ok. Love you too. Bye."

I couldn't hear what her mom was telling her but sounded like she was making plans. "My mom wants us to do breakfast at IHOP before the graduation." She looked at me worriedly. "You down for that?"

"Yeah." Shit, a nigga was hungry.

Reluctantly, Yazmine got out of the bed. I just watched her movements, recognizing that she was going to take a shower. Soon, she disappeared into the bathroom and I had the bed all to myself. It felt empty without her, and I sat up. I already took my shower, but I was tempted to take another one just to join her. Instead, I checked my emails and messages. I was going to shoot a music video soon and was still waiting on most of the details.

"Hey."

I looked up to see Yazmine in a towel, dripping wet. "What's up?"

"Can you pass me my lotion? And my Shea butter?"

Grabbing both items off her dresser, I handed them to her. She didn't bother to close the door and I watched her dry off, then rub lotion into her skin. "You need some help?"

"You such a creep," she laughed. "No I don't need no help."

Still, I started massaging lotion into her soft skin, greedily rubbing it in and enjoying the feeling. She melted at my touch. Talking about she ain't need no help. After lotioning up, she pulled on a lacy bra and panties.

"Should I wear a dress?"

"You want to?"

"I don't know, I mean I was gonna wear the orange romper."