"Alright. Bring them up. We will find out what they know and then figure out a better way to communicate with the Omega." Kain took a step away from me before retreating fully back to the seating area. I remained on the floor, not wanting to move until directed.

The two wolves that had been sitting stood and started to head for the door giving me a better look at them.

"Basil and I will go get them." The taller of the two stated. His voice was familiar and I realized that he must be Orion. I wasn't sure who the other was.

"I'll head down and finish sorting through Clyde's files, maybe it'll turn something else up." The other wolf stated before heading out the door with Basil and Orion.

Hands gently gripped my upper arms beckoning me to stand. I did and was directed back to the bed where I sat, grabbing my blanket again in my hands for comfort.

Levi sat next to me and slowly ran her hand up and down my spine in a soothing manner. It was comforting after the intense moment I had with Kain. The wolf was intense.

I'm not sure why I upset him so much, I'm assuming it was our initial first meeting that probably put him off from me. My heat had been going on and it seemed that it sent some of the wolves into a sort of rut. Levi hadn't fully explained it all to me yet but she did say that when things settled she'd sit me down and tell me.

My wolf was on edge. The threat of the Beta coming back had him scratching at my mind. He felt more comfortable in his form than he did in my human one. I was very tempted to let him take over but the urge to escape would probably cause me to run the moment I shifted.

My eyes traveled over to the seating area. Kain was seated and leaned back. He had a troubled expression on and as he stared at the wall I could see the shake of his leg as it bounced quickly on the floor.

"Kain, calm down. What is with you?" My gaze wandered over to Ben. He looked at his Alpha with worry.

Kain let out a sigh and ran both hands over his face and to the back of his head where he cupped them at the base of his neck.
"She was here. I could smell her in the dungeon." Her? Who?

"Can your wolf feel her?"

"No, but we never completed the bond. So unless I can get someone to tell me I don't know."

Kain looked a little sad as he spoke but then his eyes traveled to me. They locked and before I could advert them he snarled at me.

"He knows." His tone was accusing, I averted my eyes and without thinking I turned to Levi and buried my face into her neck. My body was trembling and the only thing I wanted was the comfort, something she seemed to give me. My wolf howled at the contact, overly happy with having a wolf that we found safe.

I felt Levi's hand stroke my head, the once unwanted action now desired. "Just ignore him." Her whisper wasn't soothing like I'm sure she had hoped. I wasn't after punishments and I would never dare to ignore an Alpha.

But what did I know? Kain sounded convinced I knew something about a girl. No females really came to mind except for her. However, she had howled to her mate. Kain said he hadn't claimed her? I wasn't educated on matings. I had self-taught myself how to read and write but the books I had access to were a few tattered children's books that I'd grabbed from the trash can. Sometimes if I was lucky I would find a piece of paper with writing on it and make efforts to read it, but I'd never dared to open or take a book that could possibly land me in trouble. The workings of mating weren't known to me but I still didn't think that she was who he was talking about.

I slowly sat back, leaving the comfort of Levi's hold. I could hear the voices coming from down the hall. They were faint but I was sure I recognized at least one. I perked up a bit in excitement.