Ch 15: Pranks, PART. 3

Magsimula sa umpisa

He took a step forward, "listen... I want.. I want to apologise about earlier. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did"

You flinch as you bang your injured worts against the corner of a bench whilst backing away. Your hand instinctively grasping the area of agony.
Louis' attention immediately skim to the problem- his face paled with widened eyes. "Did, I? D-do that" he points to your now covered wrist. You didn't want to see him beat himself up over it but it wasn't acceptable to bear pain without consequences.
Your head nods meekly at the male, his face dropping to a strained and miserable expression once finding the answer.

"I never wanted to hurt you..." Louis mumbled, adverting his gaze to the floor that now looked more interesting than making eye contact.
Silence flowed around us, almost suffocating- "..."

"I-it's fine Louis. Really" you rush over to him once seeing him shed tears. He may of hurt you... but you weren't going to be heartless and watch him cry without any comfort.
"Hey... it's not your fault.." you move closer to cup his cheek, he didn't move.
"I... I thought it would be a good idea to prank you again. I'm so, so sorry" tears of your own were now showering your puffy cheeks.
Louis tenses under your touch; "what? What do you mean??" He suddenly asked. His eyes still clouded over in tears.
You take a deep breath, remembering to retract your still hand from his face. "IputHerbsInYourFood!!! Ididn'tThinkYouWouldReactTheWayYouDid!!"

"..." Louis frowns deeply, almost losing balance from his feet out of shock. "You what!"
You jump at his loud tone of voice, he was certainly angry... and seemed to be more angrier than earlier.
"What the fuck!?" Louis yells again, lifting a hand up in the air for more emphasis.. you however didn't know that, you immediately thought he was about to strike you. Your arms cover your face and head instinctively, out of fear, a little squeal escaping your lips. Preparing for impact but nothing happened..
You were shaking badly.
"Did... did you seriously think I'd do that?" A hurt voice cracks.
Your eyes smack open, catching the glimpse of a disappointed and agonised expression on Louis.

"Louis I..." you begin to speak, but there were no words you could say. He begins to walk away- "no! Wait!!" You grab ahold onto his arm, he stopped in his tracks.
"I'm just still shaken up from before. But I'm okay now!" Your voice trembles, basically pleading for him to stay:
"Then I should get going." Louis snaps and rips you hand roughly of his arm. And with that, he exited the kitchen wistfully- not even looking back once.

...

You stand there dumbstruck. A loud grow form your stomach instantly reminded you of why you came here to the kitchen in the first place
A sigh squeezed past your lips as you thankfully retrieve the tin fruit that was too stubborn to be reached earlier.
Your tears were now dried and your mood was now all over the place.

Your hands shakily lift a utensil to the lid of the tin. Carefully yet slowly flipping the thin metal upwards and peeling it away to reveal the glory of fresh fruit.. well at least you thought was fresh.
You couldn't even make out the numbers on the side of the tin so there was no way to see the expiry date.
A bowl was placed on the bench as you pour the contents of fruit into it. There was quite alot and had no idea if you were going to be able to fit it in.
But another growl form your stomach and turned to made you think otherwise.
"I could literally eat a whole house right now!" You whisper.

As you trashed the now empty tin. A clear of a throat rumbled in the air- you spin around fastly, a bone/joint popping a you did so.
"Oh hey!" You greet awkwardly. It was Marlon.

'Okay just act cool!' Your thoughts chanted.
"What brings you here so late??" Marlon fully enters the room with a raised eyebrow.
"... I was hungry, and I found this" you lift the bowl of fruit.
He nods understandably, "I noticed you weren't there for dinner; so I don't blame you for getting something to eat."
Relief washed over you, but it was short lived..
"I saw Louis storm out of the building. He looked pretty messed up.. do you know why?" Marlon stepped closer with hands on his hips. You always cringed whenever he did that. It was as if he was trying to act more mature than he actually is.
But Louis does the same thing here and there... so you guess you can't really complain too much.