It stutters then dies. He sighs in defeat. "Sorry Pete. Looks like it's gonna get cold." He says. Peter shrugs. "That's-that's okay." Peter says with a nod, his breath coming out in a puff of white.

"Your coat-put your coat on." Tony says. Peter nods and undoes his seatbelt. He leans forward, grabbing his coat and putting it on, zipping it up all the way to his chin.

Tony pulls out his phone, ignoring the cold creeping in. He tries to dial 911 but there's no signal. He silently curses the stupid award and looks into the back of the car.

He sees no blankets and his heart sinks. Hadn't he heard that spiders couldn't thermoregulate? He looks over and sees Peter frowning out the window. "We'll just have to wait for another car to come by." He says with a sigh.

Peter only nods and Tony wishes that he'd brought his suit with him. He also wishes he'd brought more than a jacket. He curses his earlier self thinking he wouldn't need a coat. He notices Peter rubbing his hands and he frowns.

He pulls his gloves out of his pockets and hands them to Peter. Peter looks at him in confusion. "No I'm fine, you wear your gloves." Peter says but Tony can tell that the kid wants them.

"Come on kid. Take 'em. I'm not even cold." He lies. Peter finally sighs and nods, quickly slipping them onto his cold hands. Tony puts his hands in his pockets and tries to blink the tiredness from his eyes.

It couldn't be good to fall asleep when it was this cold. Someone would either go by the car or someone would notice they were gone. He notices Peter hugging his legs to his chest to keep warm and puts his arm out.

"C'mere kid." He mutters. Peter looks at him uncertainly but they're both happy about the extra body heat. He pulls Peter close to him and Peter rests his head on his mentor's shoulder.

Tony leans against his kid and sighs, hoping someone will find them soon.

Tony gasps awake, his breath a white fog. He looks around frantically, his eyes wide, it was so so cold. It was bone achingly cold. He feels a shivering body against his own and looks down. Peter was curled up in his lap, trembling from the cold.

"Peter." He says, shaking the boy. He doesn't wake and Tony's heartbeat skyrockets. "Peter!" He exclaims. Peter's eyes snap open and he looks up at his mentor with wide eyes. "What? What happen'?" He mumbles tiredly.

"No sleeping buddy." He says with a sorry tone. Peter nods and sits up, burrowing into his side. He was absolutely freezing so he knows the kid is cold. He takes off his jacket, draping it over Peter.

He looks up at the man in alarm. "Tony! What are you doing? You'll get cold!" Peter exclaims. Tony smiles at him. "I'm Iron Man. I don't get cold." He lies. Peter frowns but doesn't complain.

Tony holds onto the kid tighter. It was so so cold. Flashes of Siberia cross his mind but he quickly shuts that out: the Avengers were back together now. He remembers how the cold had seeped through his broken armor as he lied there bleeding out.

He was just glad that Vision had found him before he froze or bled out. He blinks the thought away, shaking his head. He perks up when he sees headlights on the road a few miles away.

He turns his head, silently hoping they're kind enough to stop. "Please stop please stop please stop." He whispers but car zips right on by. Tony sighs and looks down at his kid. His eyes were drooling and his lips were turning blue.

He pulls the kid into his chest and can feel the kid's sigh of contempt. They clearly couldn't sit out in this cold much longer. He looks down at his watch. It was two in the morning.

He blinks in shock. They'd been asleep for four hours? He sighs, a shiver racking his body. The kid looks up at him with a frown and he can tell what he's thinking. 'Never gets cold? Liar.'

But he stays silent, knowing that the man wouldn't take the jacket back. He's so so tired. They both are. Peter tries to keep his eyes open but it's useless. He's so cold it hurts and he just wants to sleep.

"Sorry." He whispers and his eyes fall closed. He slumps against his mentor, out like a light. Tony looks down at the kid in alarm when he whispers an apology and falls asleep.

"Peter! Peter wake up! Kid!" He exclaims, shaking him. He doesn't wake this time. Tears prick Tony's eyes as he shakes the kid. "Come on! Peter wake up!" He cries. He doesn't, his breaths short and shallow. Tony takes one last look at him and opens his door.

A gust of cold air hits him but he ignores the chilly weather. He scoops Peter up with a grunt and climbs out of the ditch, nearly dropping him in the process. He starts walking down the road, hoping to catch sight of a car.

He keeps mumbling for the kid to wake up, ignoring his snow was falling all around them. At this point he can't stop trembling and it's so cold it's burning. But he clutches the kid tighter and keeps walking.

After about ten minutes he's just mumbling gibberish trying to stay awake. His eyes are drooping and it's getting so hard to keep carrying the kid. He sucks in a shuddering breath and keeps going, blinking the snow from his lashes.

He finally can't go on any longer and falls to his knees, the kid tumbling from his arms. He crawls weakly over to him and rolls him over. He brushes the snow from his hair and off his face.

The kid's skin was pale white and his lips were blue. "Please wake up Peter." He pleads, clutching the kid. Something horrifying suddenly strikes him. Peter's chest wasn't rising and falling like it was supposed to.

His eyes widen and he sits up with a gasp. He immediately starts doing compressions, tears blurring his vision and dripping down his face, freezing on his cheeks.

"Come on!" He screams, his hands having gone numb by now. Finally after countless compressions, the kid sucks in a weak shaky breath, coughing for a moment before going back to breathing unsteadily.

He still doesn't wake. Tony lets out a sob and collapses next to Peter, hugging him close. He couldn't go on. Not anymore. "I'm so sorry kid." He mumbles, darkness enveloping him.