01.

Ava's POV
I slipped into a pair of skinny jeans and threw on a black muscle tee before tucking it into my jeans. My hair ran down my back in its long waves. I framed my bright blue eyes with liquid eyeliner. I winged it out a bit.

I jogged down the staircase before peeking in the kitchen to see Tyler standing in front of the fridge, his back towards me.

"Ty" I said and he turned to me with a full mouth of god knows what. "I'm going to Sam's" I said and he smirked before swallowing whatever was in his mouth.

"Sam's throwing a party tonight isn't he?" He asked and I nodded. "Can you give me like five minutes?" He asked and I nodded before he ran upstairs.

"Hey Ty" I yelled and he yelled back with a simple "yeah". "Can you grab my toms?" I yelled before he ran downstairs in jeans, a button up that hadn't been buttoned yet. He handed me my shoes and I slipped them on while he buttoned his shirt.

We jogged out to Ty's jeep before he sped off towards Sam's house.

-

Music blaring, drinks spilled along with people grinding on one another. Drunk people trying to walk and high people trying to talk. There were a few sane people, me being one of them, but most everyone was wasted.

I spotted Sam standing next to Nate, both talking while their eyes scanned over the house, probably trying to protect it. Sam and Nate had lived together for about two years now and they threw some kick ass parties. Their house usually got trashed after wards but me being the great best friend that I am, usually helps pick it up the next morning. I stay at their house all the time.

I walked over to the two, Sam quickly reacting by throwing his arm around my shoulder and smiling.

"Ava!" Nate yelled and I laughed.

"Hey guys." I said before taking a gulp of my drink.

"Whoa slow down" Sam said and took my cup.

I rolled my eyes and looked around the room before my eyes locked with an unfamiliar pair.

A cloud of smoke surrounded him and his friend while he ran his hands through his dark brown hair. His smirk was too wide for my liking, and his stance gave off the douche impression.
One foot on the wall behind him. The other leg made him stand straight. His arms crossed over his chest while they almost broke his tight black v-neck. His jaw line could cut rocks and his eyes could burn holes in concrete. In his right hand was a skinny brown stick that he occasionally stuck in between his lip blowing more smoke out.

I narrowed my eyes at the boy, not sure of what to think from his appearance. "Who is that?" I asked, breaking eye contact with him to look at Sam.

"Who?" He asked and his eyes followed mine. "That's Jack" He said and I raised an eyebrow.

"You've never talked about him" I said with a growing smirk.

"No, Ava. I'm telling you right now, he can't be one of your experiments. He's not anyone you want to fuck with Ava." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't experiment with people" i said and he rolled his eyes.

"You can't dig into him Ava. Jack's not someone to-"

"You're annoying." I said and took a step towards the boy named Jack before Sam caught my arm.

"Seriously Ava, don't." Sam said and I raised an eyebrow.

"What's so bad about him if he's your friend?" I asked and he rolled his eyes at me.

"He's my friend but he's not someone I'd let you get involved with." He said and I sighed.

"Sam don't be so protective." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Seriously Ava. I don't need you to-"

"Fall for him? Trust me; I think I can handle myself." I snapped before walking away.

I walked past the boy before I heard him kick his weight off the wall and follow me out the back door.