double date

Scott and Mark are going on a double date with Mitch and Beau, and Scott can't help but worry that he's going to make a fool of himself. Luckily, Mark is there to reassure him.

****

Scott sighs as he stares in the mirror, messing with his hair for the fiftieth time.

Mark walks into the bathroom and raises his eyebrows at his boyfriend. "Babe, are you ready?"

Scott jumps slightly and he looks over at Mark with wide eyes. "Shit, Mark. You scared me," he says, letting out a breath. "I'm almost ready. A few more minutes, okay?"

"Scott, we're going to be late. We're supposed to be on the way now," Mark sighs.

"I'm sorry. This date is important. I just have to look my best," Scott pouts.

Mark walks over to Scott and gently kisses his cheek. "Baby, you look perfect the way you are. Besides, we're just meeting up with Mitch and Beau. What's the big deal?"

"The big deal is that this is the first time I'm really meeting Beau. First impressions are always important," Scott argues as he looks over at Mark. "Sorry for snapping, Mark. I'm worried about making a fool of myself in front of Mitch's fiancé. Fuck, I can't believe Mitch is engaged and we just found out."

Mark chuckles. "Wasn't he engaged before, you said?"

"Yeah, but that was a long time ago. Mitch is really in love with this guy. I'm so happy for him,"

Mark gently wraps his arms around Scott's waist as Scott continues messing with his hair. "I know, Scotty, I am too. I've known Mitch for four years and this is the happiest I've seen him," he says.

"I mean, Mitch is my best friend. I want him to be happy. For years he's talked about finding a boyfriend, and falling in love. Beau is that guy. I've only met Beau a couple of times, but he's perfect for Mitch."

"I agree with you. But, can we please get going? We're really going to be late," Mark complains.

Scott laughs. "Yeah, alright. Let me grab my jacket," he says.

Mark watches as Scott walks around the bedroom, grabbing everything he needs for their double date.

"Okay," Scott pauses, and looks around one last time. "I think I'm ready now."

"Finally," Mark smirks when Scott glares at him. He grabs Scott's arm and drags him out of the bedroom before Scott can get distracted by anything. Scott drives them to the restaurant they're meeting Mitch at.

"Do you think Beau will like me?" Scott asks as they sit in the parking lot.

"Scott, Beau already likes you," Mark sighs softly as he looks over at Scott. "He's met you already."

"Briefly, and we hardly got to talk to each other," Scott corrects him.

"That doesn't matter. It was obvious that Beau really enjoyed talking to you," Mark reassures him.

Scott sighs. "Whatever. Let's just get this over with," he says, opening his car door and sliding out.

Mark frowns as he watches Scott, but follows him anyways. Mark knows that everything will turn out fine, as it always does no matter how much Scott worries about things.

"I really like your outfit," Mark says as they walk into the restaurant.

"Really?" Scott asks, looking down at his outfit. "I-I didn't know what to wear. Mitch said casual, but..."

"No, it looks really good on you. Mitch will definitely approve of this look," Mark smiles at him.

When they get there, Scott sees that Mitch and Beau are already there and waiting for them at a table, and they're both totally invested in each other. Scott adores the two together and loves seeing how in love they are. This will be the first time they really hang out together in the two years that he's known Beau.