argument (scomarson)

(Angst/Fluff) Mark and Scott get into an argument that leaves Scott feeling guilty. He wants to make it up to Mark for what was said, so he enlists the help of Mason.

****

"Do you ever take breaks?" Mark chuckles as he walks into the room and sees Scott at the desk.

"Can't. Need to get these songs done," Scott mumbles, looking at all the paper on the desk.

Mark walks behind Scott and then he bends down to gently wrap his arms around Scott. "You've been sitting here for hours. Maybe you should take a break, princess," he whispers, kissing Scott's cheek.

"Mark, stop trying to distracting me. Some of us actually have to work," Scott snaps.

Mark instantly stands up. "You did not just say what I think you just said,"

"What?" Scott asks, blinking a few times as he looks up at Mark.

"Don't try to play dumb with me. I have a job Scott," Mark snaps. "I work just as hard as you do."

"Mark, I didn't mean it like that-"

"No, don't even try to excuse what you just said. You know you fucked up!"

Scott sighs as he sets his pencil down. "I wasn't trying to start an argument. I was just-"

"I may not make as much money as you, but I have a job. A normal job. I work, and I get paid. Mase and I both do. We work our asses off to be able to travel with you so we can support you," Mark snaps.

"Mark-" Scott's eyes widen. He's never seen Mark so angry before.

Mark scoffs and shakes his head. "Fuck you Scott," he mumbles before turning around and quickly storming out of the room. He walks down the stairs just as Mason is walking into the house.

"Hey, what's-?" Mason blinks a few times as Mark walks past him. "Mark? Where are you going?"

"Out," Mark snaps as he opens the door.

"Mark, wait!" Scott yells as he runs down the stairs. But Mark has already slammed the door shut.

"What the hell did I just walk into?" Mason asks, looking over at Scott.

"I fucked up!" Scott cries, running over to the door, but Mason quickly reaches over to stop him.

"If Mark's upset, you need to let him cool off for a bit," Mason says. "What happened while I was gone, Scott? I haven't seen Mark upset like that in a long time."

Scott takes a deep breath as he looks at Mason. "I said something that upset him," he mumbles.

"And, what did you say?" Mason asks curiously.

"I didn't mean it, Mase. I really didn't. I don't know why I even said it in the first place-"

"Scott," Mason warns, walking over to him. "What did you say to him?"

"I-I was writing upstairs, and he told me that I should take a break from writing. I told him no because-because some of us actually have to work-" Scott begins, his eyes widen when he sees the disappointed look on Mason's face. "Please don't hate me! Please. I can't have both of you mad at me. Please, Masey. How do I fix this?" He whimpers and flings his arms around Mason, hugging him.

Mason sighs in defeat, wrapping his arms around Scott. "Oh, Scott-"

"I'm sorry," Scott cries, allowing tears to pour out of his eyes as Mason continues hugging him.

After comforting Scott for a little bit, Mason pulls away and looks at him. "You have to fix this," he whispers as he gently wipes away the tears from Scott's eyes.

"How?" Scott asks, sniffing. "We've never fought before. He was so mad, Mase-"

Mason sighs. "I don't know, but we'll think of something. I know Mark. He won't stay mad at you forever,"

"H-Have you and Mark ever got in a fight with each other?" Scott asks curiously.

"We've had our fair share of disagreements that ended in heated arguments. But, nothing too bad-" Mason tells him. "Usually we just give each other time to cool down, and then we talk."

"I don't want to just talk. I want to show Mark that I really do appreciate him. I know he works hard,"

Mason smiles. "That's good. Let's think of something, okay?"

****

After trying to think of what he could do to make up for what he said earlier to Mark, Scott finally comes up with something that he thinks will work. It's simple, yet thoughtful. He hopes Mark will like it.

"Will you be able to distract Mark while I said everything up?" Scott asks as he looks at Mason.

"Oh I'll be able to distract him," Mason replies with a smirk.

"Mase!" Scott laughs and playfully whacks him on the arm. "I need at least an hour. Maybe two."

"Don't worry. I'll take care of Mark," Mason leans over and gently kisses Scott. "He'll appreciate this."

"I hope so," Scott sighs. "I hate that I made him so upset."

"You didn't mean it," Mason says, gently placing his hand on Scott's knee. "It's going to be okay, princess. Just let him know that you're really sorry, and he'll understand."

Scott looks over at Mason. "I love when you and Mark call me that," he whispers.

Mason grins. "Well, you are our princess,"

Two hours later, Mason and Mak were finally back home. Scott has everything set up.

Scott's made a nice dinner for him and his boys. There are candles lit on the table with roses everywhere. Some may say that it's cliché, but Scott's proud of his work.

"Mase, I'm hungry. Can we please eat now?"

Scott gasps when he hears Mark's voice. He quickly looks around to make sure that everything is perfect. His heart is pounding against his chest with nerves.

"Don't worry, we can eat now-"

Scott looks over as Mason gently pushes Mark into the living room.

Mark looks up and blinks a few times. He looks around in awe. "What is-?" He looks over at Scott.

"Surprise," Scott smiles nervously as he looks at Mark, before walking over to him. "I'm sorry."

Mark frowns. "You-"

"Let me talk first. I'm sorry, Marky. I really am. What I said was wrong. I know you and Mase work hard, and I'm so grateful for everything you do. I'm grateful that you get to travel with me when I'm on tour and you support me in everything that I do. I couldn't ask for better boyfriends," Scott takes a deep breath.

"Call me crazy, but it almost sounds like you're proposing-" Mark jokes.

Scott chuckles. "Not quite," he says. "I really am sorry. I hope you can forgive me."

"Of course I forgive you," Mark whispers, leaning over to kiss Scott sweetly. "I'm sorry for what I said too. We should have talked about it like adults rather than yelling at each other. So, what is all of this?"

"I made dinner," Scott points to the plates on the coffee table. "I tried to make it romantic."

"It is romantic," Mark smiles as he reaches over and grabs Scott's hand. "Really though. I am starving. Mason wouldn't let me eat anything. I guess I know why now."

After eating dinner, the three are sitting in front of the couch on the floor, Scott cuddled up to Mark with Mark's arm wrapped around Scott protectively.

"So," Mason begins as he looks over at his boyfriends, his face completely serious. "Is the part where you guys have hot makeup sex?"

"Mase!" Mark and Scott yell at the same time, laughing.