unsupportive (scomarson)

(Angst) Certain PTX members are not supportive of Scott's new relationship

****

Scott frowns as he stands in front of his friends and fellow bandmates. He's just announced to his fellow band mates that he was in a polyamory relationship. He has two boyfriends currently, and their names are Mark and Mason. He's never been more happy, but apparently his happiness doesn't matter.

"I don't understand what the problem is, guys. I'm happy with them. Isn't that all that matters?" Scott asks. "You guys know how long it took me to get over Alex! Then all that shit with Shawn happened."

Kevin lets out a sigh and shakes his head disapprovingly. "I wish I could understand it, but I just don't. Scott... you shouldn't give yourself away to two men. That's just crazy. I can't support it," he says.

"Give myself away?" Scott asks, offended by Kevin's statement. "I'm not just giving myself away, Kevin! I'm a fucking adult, and I know what I'm getting myself into. We sat down and talked about it, and we're in a committed relationship. This isn't just some fling."

"Guys, come on... let's not argue about this," Mitch tries, looking at the others nervously.

"Do you support this?" Matt asks curiously as he looks over at Mitch. "You haven't said much."

"Because, what is there really to say really? I always support Scott in no matter what he does with his life, unless he's like... gone completely crazy and murders someone. But, anyways, I'm just so happy that he's finally found two amazing men who love and support him in everything he does. They've come to every Christmas tour stop they could possibly come to even when they're super busy with their own damn work. Who cares however many men he's with? It's his lifestyle, not ours," Mitch takes a deep breath.

"Kirstie?" Scott tries as he looks over at his best friend, his eyes begin watering up. Out of four people, Mitch is the only one who supports him. He would have never chosen to come out to them if he knew it was going to be like this. "We've been through everything together... you have to support me."

Kirstie sighs as she looks up at Scott. "I'm sorry, but I don't know, Scott. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I don't think I can support this. I'm with the others," she whispers, taking a step back.

Scott gasps, and then he turns around and runs out of the room.

"What the hell, guys?" Mitch asks, his eyes widening. "What is wrong with you?"

"Us? He's in a relationship with two men! At once!" Kevin exclaims. "That's not exactly normal."

"Normal is overrated," Mitch snaps before running out of the room to go find Scott.

Scott lets out a sob as he runs out of the building as fast as he can, nearly tripping over his own feet, while tears start falling out of his eyes, but he doesn't care about that. He quickly pulls out his phone and calls Mason. "Please pick up, please pick up," he mumbles, his hands shaking as he holds the phone.

"Hey, princess. What's up?" Mason asks when he finally answers his phone.

"C-Can you come pick me up?" Scott asks, wiping away his tears with his hoodie sleeve.

"Yeah, of course I can, babe... I thought you were gonna be at the studio today?" Mason asks curiously. "Are you okay? You sound upset. I'm worried."

"I'm okay. I just..." Scott sniffs. "I wanna come home. Please come get me?"

"Of course. I'll be there as soon as I can, okay?" Mason's soft and sweet voice is already calming him, and he couldn't wait to go home and be with the two men who mean the most to him.