first argument (meau)

Beau tells Mitch what's been on his mind, which leads to a heated argument

****

"I don't want you to go," Beau says finally, breaking the silence, and earning Mitch's attention.

"What?" Mitch asks, frowning slightly at his boyfriend.

Beau lets out a sigh. "You literally just finished the Superfruit tour, and now you're going to be going away for another tour, and I'll hardly get to see you. I don't want you to go,"

Mitch chuckles. "I can't just not go. It's... kind of my job," he says.

"And, where does that leave us?" Beau asks, starting to get annoyed. "I know that it's your job Mitchy, and... I try my best to support you. I wish I could go to every single show but that's not realistic. I feel like our relationship keeps getting pushed back and there's no time for us. You're only going to get busier."

Mitch stares at Beau as he rants, shocked to hear this is how his boyfriend has felt. "What are you saying, Beau?" He asks, taking a deep breath. "Are you breaking up with me, or... what?"

"No, I'm not breaking up with you. I'm just saying I don't want you to go on another tour," Beau says.

"Beau, I'm sorry... but I have to go. Tour starts in three days," Mitch sits up, scooting closer to Beau. "When we first got together, I told you that I would be gone a lot, and you said you would be fine with it, and that you would support me no matter what. Has that changed?"

"No, it hasn't. But..."

"There's no buts, Beau. I know long distance sucks but we've been making it work so far," Mitch says. "Why didn't you talk to me about this before? It's literally too late to change anything."

Beau scoffs and stands up from the couch.

"Hey, wait... where are you going?" Mitch asks, also standing up. "I thought we had plans today?"

Beau looks over at Mitch. "What's the point, Mitch?"

Mitch blinks a few times, feeling hurt by Beau's comments. He obviously understands where Beau is coming from but he doesn't understand why Beau waited so long to say something to him. "You know, you're being really fucking selfish right now, Beau," he snaps.

"Selfish?" Beau asks, walking over to Mitch. "I'm trying to save our relationship! If anyone is being selfish, it's you!"

"I'm just doing my job, Beau! My job is performing and touring for people who love my music!" Mitch yells. "If you really think that I don't care about our relationship then maybe you should just leave."

Beau stares at Mitch for a few seconds before, before turning and walking over to the door. He takes a deep breath before opening the door and storming out of the house without saying another word.

Mitch sits there in shock, before burying his face in his hands. He and Beau have never fought like that before, and he's worried that argument might have just ruined their entire relationship, and he can't help but be so angry for what Beau said to him.

Three days later, and they're finally getting ready to leave for the first Pentatonix tour stop. Mitch wishes that he could be more excited, but he hasn't spoken to Beau since they're argument and now it's all he can think about. He's really worried that Beau is going to break up with him.

"You should call him," Scott finally says, looking over at Mitch.

Mitch scoffs. "What's the point?" He asks, looking up at Scott. "Obviously he doesn't want to talk to me, and the only way he'll be happy is if I don't go on another tour, which is not an option."