normal is overrated (meau)

(AU/Fluff) Mitch has some surprising news for Beau

****

Mitch is terrified, he's shaking, and could probably throw up right now. But, he has to tell Beau. No more waiting or stalling.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Beau asks, concern in his voice, he second he steps into Scott and Mitch's house. "Your text had me so fucking worried."

Mitch chuckles. "I'm sorry about that, everything's fine. I needed you to come over as soon as possible, though. I need to talk to you about something important," he says, looking up at his boyfriend.

"Oh," Beau says, a little surprised, and then he frowns. "Oh. You're breaking up with me, aren't you?"

Mitch's heart breaks a little. "Oh, baby, no. That's not at all what I'm doing," He wraps his arms around Beau and hugs him tightly. "I love you too much to leave you. That's the opposite of what I'm doing. Uh, well, kind of. It's really hard to explain." He pulls away from the hug.

"Okay, let's talk about this," Beau gently grabs Mitch's hand and they walk to the living room, and sit on the couch.

"You have to promise you won't freak out," Mitch says, looking at Beau.

Beau frowns slightly. "Why would I freak out, Mitchy?" He asks. "I probably won't freak out unless you've told me that you you've suddenly gone crazy and like, killed someone."

"Beau," Mitch laughs. "You'll freak out because what I'm about to tell you isn't exactly normal."

Beau scoffs. "Normal is overrated anyways," he reaches over and grabs Mitch's hand. "Try me."

"I'm pregnant," Mitch replies instantly, looking up at Beau. "It's yours."

Beau's eyes widen, but he doesn't freak out like he promised. "P-Pregnant?" He asks.

"Pregnant," Mitch confirms. "Beau, we're having a baby." He takes a deep breath. "I-I know it's too soon, but we still have a lot of time to plan things and get ready. You're still young, and I'm so sorry..."

"Babe, shut up," Beau says before pulling Mitch into a hug. "I can't believe it."

"Baby, are you crying?" Mitch asks, a smile forming on his face.

"No," Beau sniffs, and pulls away from the hug so he can wipe away his tears. "I'm not crying."

"Aw, Beau. This makes me so happy. I was so worried you'd freak out and leave," Mitch says. "I can't believe I was so silly to think such a thing. You're too sweet to do something like that."

Beau smiles, and he scoots closer to Mitch. "H-How far along are you?"

"Only a couple weeks. Doctor says I'm six weeks," Mitch says. "I'm sorry I waited so long to tell you. There's a lot to think about. I mean, having a baby is going to change everything."

"But, it doesn't have to be a bad thing," Beau says. "Things aren't going to be easy, but that's okay, because we'll have each other. I'm not going to let you go through this alone."

Beau kept to his word. He's there for Mitch no matter what, even when he's busy with school or his job, somehow he always finds a way to be there for Mitch. He goes to every doctor appointment with Mitch, and he's there when Mitch gets sick in the morning, he even goes to the store at 3 o'clock in the morning to get whatever weird food Mitch is craving. He'll do anything for Mitch and the baby.

Mitch couldn't have asked for a better father for his baby.

"Look at this cute shirt Scotty got for the baby," Mitch says as he holds up a shirt to Beau.

Beau looks up and smiles. "That's cute. Baby boy is going to be so spoiled," he says.

Mitch giggles and folds the shirt back up and places it in a box. "Yeah, I know. I just want to buy him everything under the sun. He deserves to be loved and spoiled," he says. He sits down on the bed and then he reaches over and kisses Beau. "Just a couple more months and he'll be here."

"I know. I can't wait to meet him," Beau smiles, and rests his hand on Mitch's stomach.

"There's still so much work that needs to be done. We still have to finish the nursery," Mitch sighs.

"Hey, you don't need to worry about that. I don't want you doin' any work. Doc says you need to rest, and I agree with him. I'll take care of everything. I'll have Scott help me put it together," Beau says.

Mitch pouts. "Can I at least pick out the furniture? I want to help in someway," he says.

"Of course," Beau says. "Let's go shopping this weekend. We'll buy everything we need."

"I just sucks that we're having a baby in the middle of our Pentatonix tour. I feel so bad," Mitch says, sighing sadly. "I just hate that I'm letting down so many of our fans, you know?"

"Hey, it's not your fault. There's nothing you can do. We have to do what's best for you and the baby, and your fans are understanding. They know what's going on," Beau says.

Mitch nods. "I know, that's what I love about them," he says.

Luckily Scott agrees to helping Beau with the nursery, and even Mark and Mason pitch in their help.

"This is going to be so cute," Scott says as he steps back and looks at the work they've done so far.

"You think Mitch is going to love it?" Beau asks, looking over at Scott.

"Absolutely," Scott replies with a smile. "I'm so happy for you guys. You really make Mitch happy. Before, Mitch wanted to be in a relationship so bad, but no one ever worked out for some reason. Their loss. Then, he finally met you. I could tell you guys really hit it off. I haven't seen him this in love in a long time. You treat him the way he deserves to be treated. You love him for him, and spoil him. Thank you."

Beau blushes at Scott's kind words. It meant a lot coming from Mitch's best friend. "Thanks," he whispers. "I love him with all of my heart and soul, and our baby. I want nothing but the best for the both of them."

"Should we show Mitch what we've done?" Scott asks. "He's gonna be so surprised."

"Sure, let me go get him," Beau says, walking out of the room.

A few moments later, Beau returns with Mitch. He's got his hands over Mitch's eyes so he can't see.

"Are you ready?" Beau asks excitedly. "Scotty and I have been working super hard all day."

"Okay, you're making me nervous," Mitch says with a giggle.

"Don't be nervous," Beau says. "Okay? One, two..." He uncovers Mitch's eyes on three.

"Surprise!" Scott shouts as he throws his arms up. "It's your nursery!"

Mitch gasps as soon as he sees what the two men have done. He covers his mouth in shock and tears begin forming in his eyes. He looks around at the room in amazement. "Oh my God," he mumbles.

"Do you like it?" Beau asks, gently wrapping an arm around Mitch.

"I love it!" Mitch exclaims, hugging Beau. "It's just what we talked about, and it's gender neutral."

"I know how important that was to you," Beau says as he hugs Mitch back. "Scotty helped me a lot, and so did Mark and Mason. They're at work right now, so they couldn't help finish it."

Mitch waddles over to Scott and hugs him as well. "How did I get so lucky?" He asks.

Scott smiles. "Hey, you deserve this, and so does that baby," he says. "I can't wait to be an uncle again!"

Mitch giggles, and then sighs happily as he walks around the room. He walks over to the white dresser and picks up a framed picture of him and Beau from when they first met each other "I can't believe this. Wow. This is so sweet! You guys did a really great job. I'm so impressed," he says.

"Now the only thing left is for you to do is give birth," Beau says, grinning.

"Three more months, we're almost there," Mitch says. "I never knew being pregnant is so much work."

"You're doing so well," Beau leans over and presses a kiss against Mitch's forehead. "I'm so proud."