bad doggie (scomarson)

(Fluff) Kirstie brings Olaf and Pascal into PTX rehearsals, causing Scott to slip into little space, and then an accident happens with Olaf. Mitch is there to take care of Scott.

****

Mitch knew the second Kirstie brought Olaf and Pascal to rehearsal that things would go bad for Scott. He's been doing so well at not slipping into little space while they've been rehearsing the past few days.

Mark even came to a few rehearsals to make sure Scott wouldn't slip into little space.

During their break, Mitch walks over to grab a bottle of water for him and Scott. He turns around after grabbing the two water bottle and freezes when he sees Scott sitting on the floor with Olaf and Pascal, giggling. Mitch knows instantly that he finally cracked and slipped into little space.

"Shit," Mitch curses. He glances around and sees that the others aren't really paying attention to Scott, which is a good thing. They have no idea about Scott being a Little.

Mitch sets the water bottles down and he rushes over to Scott before anything happens. "Hey, uh, Scott?" He gently places a hand on his shoulder to get his attention.

"Mitchy, look!" Scott giggles as he continues playing with the dogs.

"Scott, I need you to listen to me-"

"I'm playing!" Scott huffs, and then he grabs a tennis ball and throws it, giggling more as the dogs chase after the tennis ball. He squeaks when Olaf runs back over to him excitedly, knocking him over.

Mitch's eyes widen as he watches Scott. This is not going to end well.

"Isn't it cute?" Kirstie smiles as she walks over to Mitch, also watching Scott. "They love Scott."

"Yeah," Mitch chuckles nervously. "They're definitely a big fan of his." He pulls out his phone and then he walks out of the rehearsal room, and instantly calls Mark, knowing he would know what to do.

"Hey," Mark answers when he finally answers the phone. "What's up?"

"I need help," Mitch says, looking around nervously. "Scott's slipped into little space. What do I do?"

"Oh, shit. How far deep has he gone?" Mark asks, obviously worriedly.

"Not very far, I don't think. I know he's there though. He's playing with Olaf and Pascal. Kirstie just had to bring her dogs to rehearsal. I knew Scott wouldn't be able to last. He was doing so well," Mitch complains.

"Look, I know it's going to be hard but you have to get him away from the dogs. They are the main reason he slipped. I don't know how he's going to finish rehearsal with the dogs being there," Mark sighs.

"I mean, we only have about two hours left-"

"You can't say anything to the others," Mark warns. "They won't understand, and they'll judge Scotty."

"We don't really know that," Mitch frowns slightly. "It would be easier for Scott if we did tell them."

"No," Mark takes a deep breath. "Believe me, I know from experience. We got lucky with you. You're one of the most accepting people I know. We trust you to look after Scotty, and Scotty trusts you too."

"Olaf, no!"

Mitch looks up when he hears Kirstie shouting. "Shit. I have to go. I'll call you back-" He quickly hangs up, and then he rushes into the room, only to see Lindsey pulling Olaf and Pastel away from Scott while Kirstie tries to console him. Mitch rushes over to Scott. "What the hell happened?"

"It was just an accident," Kirstie says, glancing up at Scott.

"Bad doggie!" Scott cries as he cradles his finger, tears forming in his eyes.

"He didn't mean to bite you, Scott. He just got excited," Kirstie frowns. "Your finger will be fine."

Mitch rolls his eyes. Kirstie probably thinks that he's being overdramatic, but Mitch knows the truth. "Just... let me take Scott to the bathroom. I'll calm him down." He gently pushes Kirstie out of the way, and then wraps his arms around Scott and helps him stand up. "You're okay, Scotty. Let's clean you up."

"Doggie bit me," Scott looks up at Mitch with a pouty lip and teary eyes.

"I know, sweetheart," Mitch says as he leads the way out of the rehearsal.

Kirstie blinks a few times as she stands there, confused. She looks at Matt and Kevin. "What was that?"

Kevin chuckles. "Scott has always been the sensitive one," he replies with a shrug.

Mitch takes Scott to the bathroom. "Now, let me see-" He tries to take Scott's hand, but Scott quickly pulls his hand back and hides it from Mitch. "Oh, come on. Don't be like that. I promise I won't hurt you."

"Pinky pwomise?" Scott asks as he holds out his other hand, holding out his pinky.

Mitch chuckles. "Pinky promise," he says as he wraps his finger around Scott's. "I'm gonna help you."

Scott hesitates before holding out his hand, allowing Mitch to take it. He knows that it's just a little cut, and Scott will be fine. But, Scott's not in that headspace right now. He grabs a paper towel and wets it a little, before wrapping it carefully around Scott's hurt finger. "There. Keep that on it, and it'll feel better later,"

Scott pouts and holds onto his finger.

"Scott, I know it's hard. But, I need you to put Scott away. We still have a lot of rehearsal left to do, okay?" Mitch says. "We'll be done in two hours, and then you can home to Marky and Masey and be Little."

Scott sniffs and slowly nods. "Otay," he mumbles.

"Good. Let's go back," Mitch says, gently grabbing onto Scott's arm and taking him out of the bathroom.

Once they get back to the rehearsal room, Scott scoots closer to Mitch when he sees Olaf.

"Olaf's not going to hurt you again, I promise," Mitch whispers, gently rubbing his back.

Scott squeaks when Pascal runs over to him, and he quickly hides behind Mitch.

Mitch chuckles and shakes his head. The next two hours are going to be interesting, that's for sure.

However, a half an hour later, and Mitch is surprised when Mason shows up at the rehearsal.

"Masey!" Scott squeals excitedly before running over and hugging him tightly.

"Hey," Mason chuckles as he wraps his arms around Scott, holding onto him tightly. "I know we weren't supposed to come in today but Mark called me frantic. He couldn't get off work so he sent me."

"Sorry about that. That was probably my fault,"

Mason pulls away from Scott, though his arm still wrapped around him, and he looks at Mitch.

"I called Mark earlier when Scott slipped, and then hung up on him abruptly," Mitch says. "We had a little accident with Olaf but it was taken care of. Everything's fine now."

"Look!" Scott shows Mason the pink band-aid that is now on his finger. "Olaf bit me."

Mason frowns. "I'm sorry that happened," he grabs Scott's hand and he gently kisses the band-aid, causing Scott to giggle. "Are you okay? Scotty isn't...?"

Scott sighs. "Scotty went away," he mumbles.

"It's for the best," Mason leans over and kisses Scott once. "I just had to come make sure you were okay, otherwise Mark would have kept freaking out." He looks over at Mitch. "Thanks for looking after him."

Mitch smiles. "No problem. I mean, today was pretty easy. It could have been a lot worse," he jokes.