a little secret (pt. 2, meau)

Now that Beau is Mitch's daddy, Beau wants Mitch to be able to tell more people about him being a Little. Mitch is nervous about sharing his secret with others.

****

"There's nothing to be afraid of sweetheart," Beau assures Mitch, who's sitting next to him on the couch. "Scott is not going to judge you for something like this. He'll love you no matter what."

Mitch whimpers and buries his face in Beau's chest, hugging him tightly.

It's been a few weeks now since Beau officially became Mitchy's daddy, and Beau has just been loving it. He adores Mitchy just as much as he adores normal Mitch, and that's something Mitch appreciates.

"I don't want to do this, Beau," Mitch looks up at Beau with tears in his eyes.

"Please don't cry, baby. Everything will be fine. I just think it would be better for you if you told someone else about this lifestyle you life. You shouldn't have to hide. I understand if you don't want to tell your parents or any of your other friends because they might not understand. But Scott will. I know it,"

Mitch sniffs. "Fine. But if he shows any sign of negativity when it comes to me being a Little, he's gone, and I mean that. I'm not going to be judged for something that makes me happy," he says.

"Fair enough," Beau says. "I don't blame you. You should be allowed to be who you want to be."

Mitch's head snaps up the second he hears the doorbell ring. "Daddy, no!" He cries, clinging onto Beau, trying to stop him from answering the doorbell, because he knows that it's Scott.

"Mitch," Beau gently releases Mitch's hands from his waist and stands up. He walks over to the door, and takes a deep breath before opening it. He looks up and smiles when he sees Scott. "Hey, Scott."

"Hey," Scott smiles and gives him a hug before stepping into the house. "So, what's going on?"

"Well," Beau shuts the door behind him. "Mitch has something he wants to tell you."

"Mitch isn't here!" Mitch shouts from the couch before ducking his head so Scott couldn't see him.

Scott chuckles. "Okay, what's going on, seriously?" He asks, looking over at Beau. "You were acting really weird on the phone the other day. Should I be worried or something?"

"No, it's nothing to be worried about," Beau assures him. "Mitch is just... really nervous, and he's scared that you're going to hate him after he tells you what he wants to tell you. I know you'll be supportive, but... I also understand why he's afraid. This is really important to him, and so are you."

"Wait..." Scott walks over to the couch and looks down at Mitch. "You think I won't be supportive of you?"

Mitch glances up at Scott and frowns, before finally sitting up. "Maybe..." He replies quietly.

"Hey, you know I'll always support you no matter what," Scott says before walking around the couch and sitting next to Mitch. "You're my best friend. We've always supported each other."

"Yeah, b-but... this is weird. It's different, and you might not understand it," Mitch says.

"Okay, then help me understand it," Scott smiles at him reassuringly. "So, out with it. What's the secret?"

Mitch takes a deep breath before looking up at Scott. "I've never told anyone this. Beau only found out because I forgot that I had invited him over a few weeks ago. I just... ugh!" He throws his arms up. "Okay, I'm a Little! There I said it. I'm a Little, and if you have an issue with Littles then..."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Scott blinks a few times. "Slow down. You're a Little?"

"Yes," Mitch replies nervously. "I'm a Little. I have been since the beginning of Pentatonix."

"You've been hiding for that long?" Scott asks, his eyes going wide. "Mitchy, you should have told me."

Mitch flinches slightly. "D-Don't call me that," he mumbles.

"Mitchy is his Little name," Beau informs Scott. "We should talk about this..."

Scott slowly nods. "Mitch, I'm sorry. I wish you would have told me sooner. You shouldn't have to hide who you are. But, I understand why you did it. Not everybody is accepting of this kind of thing."

"Hey, Mitch. Why don't you show Scott your toys?" Beau asks, trying to lighten the mood.

"Toys?" Scott asks, raising his eyebrows as he looks over at Beau.

"You'll never believe the collection he has," Beau chuckles, and takes Mitch's hand once he gets up, and the three boys head upstairs to Mitch's secret playroom that only Beau has seen so far.

"Wow," Scott says once they enter the playroom. "These are all your toys?"

Mitch nods shyly. He feels far too weird sharing this secret he's kept to himself for yours with others, though it is nice to finally be able to talk about it, and now Beau is his daddy. Everything is slowly but surely coming together, and he just hopes that Scott will be able to support him with this.

After showing off his rather large toy collection to Scott, they sit and have a long talk about Littles. Scott promises to support Mitch and be there for him from now on, which of course, made Mitch cry.

"Thanks for coming over," Beau says as he walks with Scott to the front door.

"No problem, thanks for calling me. I'm glad I know about this now. If you need anything, call me. I wanna be able to help as much as I can," Scott says. "I just hate Mitch has been hiding himself for so long."

"I know, I'm hoping he'll be able to tell more people, like the rest of the band... but I know it will take time," Beau says. "I'm so proud of him for being able to tell you. I know it was scary for him."

"I can understand why," Scott nods. "I have to get going though. It's date night tonight." He grins.

Beau chuckles. "Say hi to Mark and Mason for me," he says.

"I will," Scott says before walking out of the house, and heading towards his car.

Beau waits until Scott is no longer in sight before heading back upstairs to Mitch's bedroom. He smiles when he sees Mitch in his pajamas, eating popcorn and watching Spongebob.

"See? That wasn't so bad," Beau says as he crawls onto the bed beside Mitch.

Mitch whines. "It was scary," he mumbles, popping some popcorn into his mouth.

"I know sweetheart," Beau says, reaching over to gently kiss Mitch's forehead. "But, Scotty supports you. He wants to be there for you, and make sure you're happy. Do you think you could tell more people?"

Mitch looks up at Beau with wide eyes and quickly shakes his head no.

Beau chuckles. "Baby steps," he says, before pulling Mitch into his arms. "I'm so proud of you, Mitchy."

Mitch smiles as he curls up beside Beau. "Thank you daddy," he says, sighing happily.