Chapter 21

The Rehearsal Dinner

A/N: Yeah, stuff's about to go down.

Anyways, thanks for all the comments and reviews! I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Part of "Art of Letting You Go" by Tori Kelly is featured in this chapter. The last parts would be in the next one.

By the way, sorry for the late update.

[•••]

Seulgi sighed.

Her time was rapidly running out.

Last night...

...last night was the most amazing night she's ever had.

Because she felt Irene kissed her.

She felt that Irene loved her too.

And for once, she thought she was going to be successful in fighting for the brown eyed girl's heart.

Only when she woke up she was gone.

And Irene left.

Taking her heart away with her too.

She noticed the frame with her most treasured picture was gone only for her to find it again on the kitchen counter. It didn't take time for the former idol to figure out that Irene saw it.

So why did she run?

Why did she leave?

Seulgi tried to call her twice, but when the latter didn't answer, she's figured she made her decision.

She lost.

So Seulgi did what she knew she had to. Find the strength to fake the smile and do her job properly.

And hope against all hope that she finds her way back home, win her Irene's heart.

Maybe that's why she found herself taking that red thread taped behind the frame and tying it on her ring finger where it once was.

For luck.

Although the pain in her heart from the noticeable presence of the brunette's absence, from her decision, was pretty much drowning all of her.

She found herself at the private space on the second floor of the restaurant where the rehearsal dinner was going to be. She had Yeri and Joy helping her set-up. The three of them bursting into song as it played in the background.

We were just little kids, we were ambiguous

My crush was serious, it's crazy how
As we were growing up, I could just hit you up

But it just wasn't love, I guess the stars
Never aligned for us, life just snuck up on us

You got a boyfriend and stuff, feelings are bottled up

Hide 'em in this song, took the key and locked it up

But when I see you again, no, I can't even pretend

Just as the chorus started Seulgi saw another familiar brunette enter the scene with Jennie. "Mrs. Bae." She muttered.

"Oh hello, is this the party personnel you hired, Rubyjane?"