Chapter 11

Seulgi's Assistant

Seulgi worked the next day a little absent-mindedly and called it a day early in the afternoon, Lisa's words the day before still echoing through her mind.

Because the ever so brilliant Dr. Manoban was of course right.

Emotions were the key.

When she was looking at the picture before she fell asleep a good two nights ago, emotions were what triggered the dream.

The memory.

She missed Irene.

She longed for Irene.

And she wanted so bad to know and see Irene, even if it was this world's Irene and not the one she inadvertently left behind.

She remembered talking to her dad the other day too.

His surprise and delight at Seulgi taking the first step for reconciliation ever so clear.

She sighed as she slumped down her couch, tired form everything that had been going on.

But apparently the day was just about to begin.

The former idol was about to doze off when she woke up with a jolt from the sound of someone stomping into her living room. "Seulgi Kang! What's this I hear about you going for a solid twenty days without sleeping with someone new?"

"Sana?" Seulgi asked quite perplexed at the sight of her another friend.

"I was gone for my well-deserved vacation for a month and all of a sudden you're a changed woman? Is it about a girl?"

Seulgi stared at the version of Sana right in front of her for a moment. From the surface, nothing much was different. "I'm surprised Jennie hasn't told you."

"Why would Kim tell me anything?"

"Well, she's been gathering people for Irene's upcoming... err... wedding." She sincerely answered, the word 'Wedding' being incredibly hard to say.

Or maybe it was the thought of the visual goddess getting married to someone else that made it hard for her.

"Who's Irene?" Sana asked, leaving Seulgi speechless yet again.

How could Sana not know who Irene is? Sana is such a chick magnet. The Japanese beauty was such a gay flirt that everyone she knows or meets, at least tastes being flirted by the snake.

Unless...

...they were never a friends in this world.

"Is she the girl? Seulgi Kang, are you getting married?" The not-actually-a-friend Sana asked incredulously.

"You two haven't introduced to each other?" Seulgi asked, the words flying quickly out of her mouth before she could actually think about the consequences of her actions.

After all, this had the potential of turning out to be exactly like her interaction with Nancy the first day she was in this world.

Sana looked at her, face all scrunched up, as if she was trying to discern what was going on in Seulgi's mind. "No."

"How do we know each other and how do you know Jennie then?" Seulgi asked herself a little too loudly as a response.

"Uh, earth to Kang? I'm your personal assistant."