Chapter 20

The Bachelorette

[•••]

A/N: Here's Irene's chapter! The verse of the song Seulgi is playing is from "Falling Stars" by David Archuleta.

Five more chapters guys!

Enjoy.

Reviews and comments are always welcomed.

[•••]

Irene knew, she should be squealing, or jumping up and down for joy. For God's sake, she should be excited. It was after all her bachelorette party, and the promise of a night of unexpected events, mischief, and crazy shenanigans was ahead of her.

Especially since a certain Dr. Manoban was the one who picked her up, blindfolding her and everything, before ushering her to what felt like a car - or possibly a limousine considering she's hearing the distinct voices of a lot of different girls with her. After all, the girls were all there.

Little did Irene know that all her friends, and then some, were there for a reason other than her bachelorette.

But with all the excitement - or lack thereof - aside, all that Irene could think of was how amazing the other night had been with the former idol. They just laid there on the sandy shores of some picture perfect paradise of the beach, watching the stars before peacefully drifting off to sleep, exchanging stories and witticism in between.

All she could think was how easy it was.

How natural the flow of conversation was.

And how perfect they fit together.

But the reality was that she was marrying Mark.

Because no matter how perfect the other night had been, she knew Seulgi may just always be too far to reach. She was like the stars they admired the other night, burning slowly and resiliently shining despite the bright lights of the city not so far away chasing them into the dark.

A part of Irene thinks she was making the right decision.

But if it was so right, then why did it feel so wrong?

Why did it feel like something was missing?

Was it because despite getting married in a matter of days, she knew deep down that she would be marrying the wrong person?

And it didn't matter if it was Mark, or an ex-boyfriend like Mino that was standing at the end of the aisle, waiting for her.

It didn't matter because it wasn't Seulgi.

The girl she has been looking for all her life.

The one she promised to marry in the innocence of their youth.

And, for some sort of reason, the one she never stopped loving.

Irene felt herself being ushered outside of the vehicle they were on and inside a bar from what she could tell from the loud noise of the music playing inside.

But it wasn't the usual same old bar music she was hearing.

She was hearing musical masterpiece mixes of who she could only guess to be by the famous singer/producer.

Of course Jennie would invite the dancer over for the bachelorette, and her best friend would be smart enough to claim that she wanted to "hire" a DJ for the event but couldn't find one so as luck would have it, her other best friend who happens to be a DJ volunteered.