Chapter 27 - Moving In

Start from the beginning

"I've got an office!" I exclaim making him and Davi laugh at me.

My break is over shortly after and I make my way back to my office.

My phone begins to ring and I pick it up, confused.

"Is Katalina there?" the familiar voice asks.

"No, no she's not," I tell Keylor.

"Visca Barça!" more voices cheer.

"Oh God, who's there?" I ask.

Toni, Marcelo, Iker and Keylor. Perfect.

"How'd you get this number?" I ask.

"We do have the office's number," Marcelo says.

"Some pretty lady answered and we asked for you," Toni says.

"How do you know she was pretty?" I ask.

"I can tell," Kroos adds.

"You guys," I say. "You guys are the best."

"How's the first day? By the way we're all happy for you!" Iker says.

"It's all great, thank you so much," I say.

We chat for a bit then I hear some more voices in the background.

"Are you guys at the camp?" I inquire.

I hear Gareth's voice in the back, then James'.

"Yeah, we have to go soon," Marcelo says. "Hold on, some of the other guys want to congratulate you."

I say bye to the four of them and greet Gareth first, then Ronaldo, Pepe and the list goes on. Then comes James. Reluctant James.

"How are you?" I ask as I stiffen up.

"Good, congratulations Kat," he says. "I was going to call later, on my own time-"

"I'm glad you're on the phone now."

I don't dare apologize yet. Neither does he.

"How's everything?" James asks.

"Perfect. Everything is just perfect," I tell him.

I hear someone call out for him and some of the other guys.

"I gotta go," he says.

"Okay, I'll talk to you later?" I ask.

"Definitely," I hear him smile a bit.

I hang up the receiver and hear a knock at my door.

"Come in," I say.

Luis sticks his head in and looks at me.

"You're meeting the team on Wednesday to gather the information you need. Just thought you'd like to know now," he says.

"Thank you," I tell him.

"You're off in a bit, Kat." Luis begins. "But you don't have much to do, so you can leave now if you-"

"No, no I want to stay," I interrupt him.

"Alright, but tell Neymar that, he's been waiting outside for a bit."

"Oh," I barely speak. "I should get home."

"Have at it, Katalina," Luis remarked.

"Thank you for everything," I tell him as I get up and gather my things.

He stands in the doorway a bit and I hug him quickly, not knowing if it's okay to do so. He hugs me back and pats my shoulder on my way out.

"It's a pleasure, Kat."

I make my way to Neymar's car one final time for today and find a fully awake Davi this time.

"How long have you been out here?" I ask.

"Not long," he lies.

The sun is setting as we make our way home and encounter a truck outside the gate. They follow us in and some really built guys begin to empty the truck as I take Davi into the house and Neymar goes to speak to them.

They were here a bit earlier than expected but Toni went out of his way to ask for it all to be expedited. I take Davi to his room and begin to undress him. As I take his sneakers off I look back out into the hall and see one of the men bring some boxes into the guest room. Neymar follows him with a box in hand.

"Neymar," I call out for him.

He comes to the doorway after leaving the box in the room and stands there looking down at me on the floor with Davi.

"I don't want you to hurt your back," I tell him.

"Don't worry about it," he shrugs it off.

"Neymar," I order.

Davi gets up from the floor and throws himself onto me and wraps his arms around my neck.

"Papai!" Davi cheers.

Neymar walks back down the hall and I don't see him bring anymore boxes my way, but that doesn't mean he's not leaving things in the living room. I carry Davi to the living room with me and I smile at one of the workers.

I spot Neymar placing down a box and he catches my glimpse. He puts his hands up and sits down on the couch. I hand Davi over to him and the two men are just about finished. I walk over to my purse and take out some cash to tip them each but Neymar says he'll pay. After we bicker for a while the two men stand at the doorway waiting for a thank you and Neymar hands them each what looks like a wad of cash.

"You're so stubborn," he says as he walks back into the house after letting them out the gate.

"You're just being too kind to me and I need to pay for something," I tell him as Davi yawns in my arms.

Neymar grabs him and tells me he's going to put him to bed.

"Sweet dreams, Davi!" I exclaim as Neymar takes him to his room.

I turn the lights off and make my way to my own room, boxes everywhere. I laugh at the handwriting on one of the boxes as I begin to change. I think of Marcelo and the guys when they helped me pack and then I jump to get to my phone.

I send James a text message but I don't get a response for a while.

Neymar comes into the room shortly after.

"Oh so, our date is tomorrow night," he says and leaves right after.

I get up and hurry to his room.

"What?" I ask.

"Our date," he says like I'm stupid. "Tomorrow night."

"There is no date," I tell him.

"Rain check," he tries to imitate me.

I roll my eyes and he steps closer to me. He switches the light in his room off but I still feel him in front of me. On top of me.

"Sweet dreams, Kat," he says before breathing a kiss on my cheek.

"You could've pretended to miss," I inform him making him laugh.

"Where's the fun in that?" he asks back.

"You're such a tease," I say. "Sweet dreams, Neymar."