Chapter 26 - Davi

When I get out of the gate I spot Neymar holding up a huge sign with my name on it.

I walk on over to him and push the sign down.

"What did I do to deserve this?" I smile.

"How's my lovely girlfriend?" he smiles back.

"I'm not anyone's girlfriend," I inform him as I begin to walk past him, down the familiar terminal. I hear his sneakers rush up behind me and I feel him take my bag.

"How was Dubai?" he asks finally catching up to me.

"Fantastic," I marvel. "It was great, definitely."

We make our way to his car and we drive off to his place. On the way there I tell him about Noori and everywhere she took me while I stayed there. I was set to stay there for a couple of weeks, but all of that changed when I called Luis Enrique.

"Thanks again for letting me stay here tonight," I tell him as he pulls up into his driveway. "Just tonight, I'm booking a hotel room and looking for apartments as soon as I enter your house. This just all happened so fast."

"Kat, I swear if you don't stay here for a week, I'm not taking you out on that date," he begins to shake his head.

He grabs the one piece of luggage from the back of the car and I head up to the front door. He rushes up behind me and pauses after putting his key into the lock.

"There's someone that's been dying to meet you," he says before opening the door.

Davi. I just know it.

The place is empty and I look around profusely, trying to spot the little blonde toddler.

Neymar walks past me and into the hall to put my luggage in the guest room I stayed in last time. He comes back out to the living room and I look at him questioningly.

"We'll be right out!" I hear a woman yelling from down the hall.

I walk towards Neymar and look down the hall as a door opens up. I recognize the girl holding Davi immediately and feel intimidated.

"Hi!" she cheers as she walks on over with a wet Davi, wrapped in a towel. "Nice to meet you, I'm Carolina."

I give her a smile back and introduce myself.

"Kat, this is Davi," she speaks. "Davi, say hi."

Davi waves then puts his head in his mom's neck and we all chuckle.

"Hi, Davi," I say back.

"I'm gonna go dress him and I'll be on my way," Carolina says before disappearing into another room.

I look back at Neymar.

"He's so perfect," I tell him sincerely.

"He knows your name, he just hasn't put a face to it yet," Neymar explains and heads out the hall into the living room. "Come on."

I follow him and sit on the couch across from him.

"Do you want something to drink?" he offers me.

"I'm good, thanks."

I look around the place, taking it all in again. I feel his eyes on me the whole time. Carolina comes back out with Davi and a brush in her hand. Davi comes running towards Neymar then hides his face again when he notices me.

"Davi! Come here," she yells after him.

Carolina grabs her purse then walks towards us and hands Neymar the hairbrush.