Chapter 27 - Moving In

I find myself shuffling around Neymar as he fixes Davi breakfast and I try to make something for myself.

Davi is sat watching some cartoons as Neymar starts to serves the eggs he just scrambled onto a plate with frogs all over it. I take a bite of my bagel as I head over to the bathroom with it, fixing my hair once again.

"Kat! Relax!" I hear Neymar yell.

"Easy for you to say!" I yell back with a mouth full of food.

Ten minutes later I find myself strapping Davi into his car seat as Neymar finishes packing a backpack for Davi. I hop in the passenger seat right before Neymar gets in and I check myself in the mirror again.

"Beautiful as always," Neymar says without looking at me.

I let out a deep sigh and Davi imitates me making Neymar and I laugh and helping get rid of some of my nerves.

"How long does it take to get there?" I ask.

"Fifteen minutes by car," Neymar responds.

He doesn't have to train today so he said he was gonna go out with Davi and pick me up for lunch.

I just nod at his response and I pinch my finger, right where my ring used to be. I remember I haven't mentioned it at all to Neymar and I look to see if he has it on.

The sunshine bounces off the silver and I look away, making a mental note to ask for it soon.

"The delivery is set for eight at night," I tell him.

"We've got more than twelve hours," Neymar states.

"Goddamn it, I need to relax," I say.

Just then, Neymar reaches out for my hand and wraps his around mine. I don't protest the action at all since it soothes me and I quite enjoy it. I only grasp at his hand tighter as we sit in traffic.

We finally arrive to the offices where I found myself not too long ago.

"I'll be back at one," Neymar assures me.

"Alright," I nod. "Wish me luck."

"Good luck," Neymar says.

"Wish me luck, Davi," I say turning.

He just blows me a kiss and I gather my stuff right after. I let out a deep breath before leaving another kiss on Neymar's cheek and getting out of the car.

I finally make it into the building and up the elevator. I greet the same receptionist from before and she leads me over to Luis' office yet again.

"Katalina!" the familiar cheer echoes the room.

The day is a breeze. Luis shows me to my office after a ton of paperwork and I meet my new colleagues. When I finally look up at the clock it's 12:58.

I walk out the building and spot Neymar's car across the street. I make my way to it once the traffic lights allow me to and I knock on the window so he can open the door for me.

I get in and look right at him with a blank face.

"What?" he begins to laugh.

"I'm forever in debt with you," I smile.

He drives the both of us and a sleeping Davi to a nearby restaurant and I carry Davi with me to the table.

"Davi," Neymar shakes him a bit. "We're going to have lunch."

He then places Davi in the high chair the waitress provided us with.

"Tell me everything," he says after ordering our drinks.