Chapter 4 - Training

I grab a pair of sunglasses and head out the door.

The day was lovely, although my hangover was not. To be fair it was a pretty light headache but with the constant bustling and drowsiness, my day was oh-so fantastic.

A couple of logs I had to transfer to my computer later and the ache of my arms and hands, the clock strikes one and it's my lunch time. A run down the block from the office and grab a sandwich, some chips and a drink to go; I had a better idea of where to spend my time.

Once I arrive at the training field, I greet Ancelotti and sit down quietly on the benches trying not to disturb anyone, I wouldn't want to be banned from coming here whenever I please. I get a couple of texts from some assistants and co-workers as I try to eat my lunch peacefully but answer them anyway to have everything sorted out when I finally get back.

A couple of the players spot me at this point and they wave, I wave back. I wanted to visit a couple of them since I've gotten close to them, well the whole team and this was the only way I'd see them. Once I finish my lunch and they their training I'll greet them, but for now I need to get something straight with an old boss of mine at Adidas.

Keylor and Iker come jogging my way and I offer them some chips. They accept my offer and sit with me.

"What brings you all the way here?" Keylor asks.

"Can't keep away from Iker's face, you see?" I say as I point to Iker.

We chat and have a couple of laughs until they're pulled back into practice and I have to take a call.

I rush over to Carlo right after and talk to him about it. My old boss from Adidas, Simon, knows that I'm the easy way to photo shoots and promotions for new products and such, with the Real Madrid players, as of now, and he saw an opportunity and took it.

"The Brazil versus Colombia match?" I ask Carlo about it. "I need Marcelo and James real quick."

The two of them come running over to me drenched in sweat right after and I begin to explain to them my proposition.

"So I'll be needed on Wednesday?" asks Marcelo.

"Both of you on Wednesday," I explain. "Separate shoots though."

"But Marcelo flies out there before me," James points out.

"When are you set to fly?" I ask him.

"Wednesday."

"And you?" I ask Marcelo.

"Later tonight," he clears up.

"Okay, I'm set to take you to the airport later, give me the information of your trip advisor for your national team so when I arrive in Miami we can head to the shoot-"

"You're coming with?" Marcelo asks.

"Always," I explain.

"As for you," I look at James. "We're taking the red eye on Tuesday to make it on time the next day, okay? Have your stuff ready by then," I order him and he nods.

"I need help with my bags, packing I mean," Marcelo says. "I've been busy," he shrugs.

"What time does your flight leave?" I ask.

"Nine," he responds.

"I'll be at your place around four," I tell him. "Alright, I'll see you both soon," sending them both on their way back to training.

I arrive at Marcelo's place at four precisely and he comes downstairs to take me up.

When we get to his room he has an open luggage on his bed and a bunch of clothes scattered around it.

"Perfect," I sigh.

I get to helping him pack as soon as possible, and as quickly as possible, I would hate for him to miss his flight. These photo shoots are my first assignments and I don't plan on failing anyone. Halfway through the packing and me organizing his tickets and passport and checking up on the flight itself he begins to tell me about the Brazilian national team.

"They're great, you'll love them," he smiles.

"Is that so?" I ask after shutting down his laptop.

"Well you're gonna have to if you're gonna take both trips with me," Marcelo adds.

"Don't worry, I love your team, and don't I make a good impression on everyone?" I joke.

"They'll love you," he adds.

On the way to the airport he can't stop talking about his team, telling me things about Thiago and David Luiz, some really stupid stories but I can see how enthused he was so I only ask him endless questions to keep him talking about them; he was way too happy to see them all, but I get where he's coming from.

I go with him as far into the whole airport as I can and he thanks me and says I'm the greatest publicist he's ever had. That really gives me hope for the whole team loving me. I set an alarm for twelve hours from now to call his national team's trip advisor to make sure he got there safe. I need to go over some things with him too but that can wait, I'm trying not to smother these guys.

I get into the same cab that brought us to the airport and start texting James.

Hey, do you have everything packed?

Hey, how are you? And I just need a couple of more things

Good, sorry, how are you? I was just asking cause it took forever to pack with Marcelo

It's okay, I'm good thanks, oh and yeah I figured, did he make it on time?

Yeah, I'm leaving the airport right now, he's a bit early, everything's going according to plan

Well you certainly know how to do your job

That I do, that I do

Why don't you come on over before the flight tomorrow?
So we can leave together

Yeah, that sounds good, I was gonna offer you the same thing, also if you need me to help with your bags

No, you must be tired, I got it, thanks, I'll text you my address tomorrow

Alright, see you then bye :)

Bye :)