Chapter 8 - Miami to New Jersey

I say goodbye to all the guys on the team at breakfast before they each all go their separate ways.

I accompanied James to his terminal to make sure everything went perfectly and he thanked me for everything. We said our goodbyes and I promised I'd call when he arrived to make sure he got back safe.

I go over to another terminal and met up with Marcelo to fly out with the Brazilian national team to New Jersey then go back home for a bit.

Marcelo rushes over to me and hugs me tightly, after I kiss him on the cheek, leaving me in awe as I try hugging him back as hard as he is doing to me. He lets go then stands to my side with an arm around my shoulder, leaving me confused as ever when he starts to speak.

"Guys, this is Katalina, this is the woman I love," he says jokingly.

The team begins to let out some 'awwws' and cheers and whistles before I introduce myself to them all.

"Hi, I'm Kat," I wave nervously. "Nice to meet all you guys, big fan."

They all say hello back and we walk to board the private plane to take us to New Jersey.

I formerly introduce myself to Dunga as the team passes by in front of us and he welcomes me.

I look back at the team in front of us and spot Oscar and David.

A huge smile forms on my face as I walk over to the both of them and put an arm around them each after a kiss on their cheeks, leaving my suitcase behind me.

"Katalina!" David cheers.

"I've missed you guys!" I say as I take a hold of my luggage again and we start to walk.

When I worked for Adidas I went out of my way to handle a lot of publicity and deals with Chelsea, one of my favorite clubs, specifically to deal with these two amazing men and I got along with each so well. I barely see them but when I do it's like we're all connected at the hip, they're the best.

I didn't mention our friendship to Marcelo, and by the look on his face neither did they, as he turns around from walking with Maicon and looks at us surprised.

"Don't think you're the only lucky one on this planet that's gotten to work with Kat here," Oscar points at me and I squeeze his arm even tighter.

We board the plane and I go in last. There are a couple of seats left but I spot an empty one by where Oscar and David are sitting.

I rush on over and start to put my luggage in the overhead compartment.

"Let me help you with that," I hear a familiar voice say.

Neymar. He gets up from the seat next to the one I was planning on sitting in and puts my bag in.

"Thanks," I say.

He sits back in his seat after he gives me a nod and I ask if anyone was planning on sitting there with him. He just shakes his head.

It's early in the morning and the guys must be really beat, so some of them start to fall asleep, including Oscar who's in the window seat to my left past the aisle.

I ask David about his leg and he tells me it's his knee and he's really concerned and I feel concerned for him but he decides to change the subject soon after.

He asks me about my job and Spain, about all the players and about Marcelo and James. I have nothing but good things to say about it all and I ask about PSG back.

Soon after, David falls asleep and I'm the only one awake.

My backpack is under Neymar's left leg a bit and I try prying it out without waking him up but I fail horribly.