Chapter 26 - Davi

Start from the beginning

"I have to go," she sighs.

She leaves a kiss on Davi's forehead and one on Neymar's cheek.

"It was really nice to finally meet you, Kat," she smiles.

"Really nice to meet you too," I smile back at her before she says her final goodbye and rushes out the house.

"Catch," Neymar says and catches me off guard.

He throws the brush at me and I manage to catch it.

"Davi," Neymar looks over at him. "Kat's here."

Davi looks over at me and keeps his eyes locked on me.

"Davi, I'm Kat," I tell him as I lean forward.

"Kat!" he cheers and quits the hiding.

"What if I lied?" I ask Neymar and he lets out a chuckle.

"Don't lie to my kid," he says before getting up. "Davi go on over to Kat, she's gonna brush your hair."

Davi slides off the couch and walks over to me. I open my legs up a bit and he places himself in the new space and leans on my right leg facing Neymar. He turns his head to me and says my name again. I smile immensely and begin to brush his hair. Neymar turns on the television and comes back over with a box full of toys and places it on the floor. He pushes the coffee table away and sits down on the rug. I get up and head towards what I assume to be Davi's room to put away the hair brush and come back to find the both of them playing with toy cars.

Neymar is lying down on his side in front of Davi and I do the same across from him.

"You wanted me to stay so I could babysit, didn't you?" I joke.

"Am I that easy to figure out?" he adds. "Because you're definitely not."

Davi passes me a toy car and crashes his into mine once I place it on the rug. I look back up at Neymar, he's the happiest I've ever seen him.

"How long is he staying?" I inquire.

"Carolina and him are staying for the season," he answers. "A couple of months. I've got them set up here but Carolina insists on a hotel for herself."

When it's finally dark outside Neymar serves me a plate full of chicken that he cooked just for me and we have dinner in the dim dining room after putting Davi to sleep.

"Tell me about the team," I tell him.

"Where to start?" he chuckles. "You know what? I'm not gonna say anything. You'll get along with them all, they're great, plus you probably have done your research."

"That's not fair," I say after taking a fork-full of the meal. "Oh my God, this is delicious."

Neymar lets out a laugh and begins to nod. He serves me some more wine and I take a sip right after.

"Ladies love a man that can cook," I joke some more.

"Alright, but the main thing is if you love men that can cook?" he looks up at me.

"Neymar," I let out a sigh then laugh a little and he joins in. "I get it. You like me, I really do, but I don't want to start off this job and be known for dating you."

"Is that what's stopping you? Just say you don't like me back, that's literally all I have to hear. I'll tone it down a bit, but I'll still drool over you," he smiles.

I stay quiet. I mean, I know I don't really like him, there's that attraction there- I can admit that, but something just isn't allowing me to say it because I wanna see how this all goes. I just hope this doesn't sound like I'm stringing him along.