Chapter Thirty: Fuck. I Messed Up

Start from the beginning

There was a seating arrangement for my English class, but luckily mine and Grayson's tables were right beside each other so technically we were beside each other.

" For this years book we are going to be reading The Chrysalids. " Mr. Noel smiled.

Mr. Noel was one of my favorite English teachers, he was really tall, bald and had a long red beard that made him look like a younger Viking-Santa.

I've already read The Chrysalids because I love reading and my mom suggested it to me when I was ten, hopefully this means I was going to ace this class since I already know most of what happens in the book.

" Today's class I'm just going to have you work on some writing samples, so everything you need to do is on the board and you can talk amongst yourselves just keep the volume at a minimum. " Mr. Noel smiled before walking over to his desk.

Grayson leaned over and poked me on the shoulder.

" Do you have a pencil? " he asked.

" Why don't you have a pencil? " I asked.

" I forgot my pencil case, and you know I don't like school. "

I sighed as I pass him a pencil, " Thanks. " he winked making me cringe. One thing I hate is when people wink, I should inform Grayson about this.

I know he doesn't like school, but you know your going to have to do work so you should know to bring a pencil.

......

We got to last period, it sucked. Rosie and Wyatt have been whispering and giggling with one another the whole day.

" Stop looking at them. " Grayson whispered.

" I can't help it. "

" Unless your going to go up to them and talk- "

I cut Grayson off, " You know i'm not going to do that because i'll just be shunned. "

" Then at least try to focus on something else, like me. " Grayson smiled.

......

Grayson and I walk over to my locker at the end of the day.

" So I was thinking tomorrow we could go watch a movie. " Grayson said.

" sure! "

I feel my phone buzz in my hand I look down to see a text from an unknown number

Unknown- Hey it's uh.. it's Cane I was wondering if you could meet me at Angles, to talk about what happened at Olivia's party

" Who is it? " Grayson asked.

" Um... Cane... he wants to meet me at the diner to talk about what happened at the party. " I explained.

" Are you going to go? " Grayson asked.

" Well you'd have to drive me... " I pause and look down at my phone.

" I want to hear what he has to say. "

" Okay... "

" You don't have to drive me- "

" I'm going to drive because I want to wait in the car and watch from the outside to see if he does anything. " Grayson said, " Also the fact that i'm driving you home after because i'm not letting you walk home with how cold it is outside. "

" Okay. " I smiled.

......

I walked into the Diner to see Cane sitting in a booth by the side exit. He was looking down at his phone while his thumbs fidgeted along the back of the case.

I walked over to him and sat down. He quickly looked up at me with a look of shock on his face.

" Did think you were actually going to show up. " he smiled.

" Why did you want to talk to me about the party Cane? Are you gonna try and kiss me again? " I asked.

" Emily I am so sorry about that, I feel so stupid. " Cane said as he leaned forwards on the table.

" You should. You know I'm dating Grayson. " I lean back onto the chair and cross my arms.

" Fuck. I messed up. I was drunk and never meant for it to happen. I told myself not to get drunk so I could talk to you and tell you that I'm sorry for everything that happened between us, but my stupid friends wouldn't stop giving me drinks. "

Cane stared at me blankly, I could tell that he was genuinely sorry.

" I know that you can never forgive me, like at all, but I just need you to know that I am so sorry for everything that I put your through. " Cane said.

" Thank you. " I gave a small smile and nodded.

" I hope that Grayson treats you better than I ever did. " Cane smiled.

I nod, " I promise I will never try to get together with you again. I am over you completely over you and I promise that I'll never kiss you drunk at a party ever again. " Cane smiled.

I laughed at what he had said, " Thanks. "

" Well... That's all I had to say so I will get out of your hair and I'll see you at school tomorrow. "

" Yeah. " I smiled as Cane got up from the booth and walked outside.

I look back over to the side door to see Rosie and Wyatt walking inside. I make eye contact with both of them and give a small smile.

Wyatt smiles at me along with Rosie before they both look away and walk over to an empty booth.

I look down at my lap, I wish I could talk to them in this moment get their advice about what they think about everything Cane said. I know I'll tell Grayson, but he won't have a same insight they have.

I got back in the car with Grayson.

" How'd it go? " Grayson asked.

" Good, he said he was sorry and that he is over me, I am relieved. " I smiled.

" I saw Rosie and Wyatt walk inside, did you say anything to them? " Grayson asked.

" No we just looked at each other and smiled. But it's fine. I just want to give it time. "

It's completely fine... I guess.

Ahh 30 chapters already that's crazyyy!!!

Please vote and keep reading if you enjoy the book!!!

Trust me it gets more spooky;)

Till Tomorrows Chapter!!