| forty two |

Chapter forty two: The Battle of Hogwarts, Part Two

<=>

The daze going on in Olivia's mind distracted her somewhat from what room the Room of Requirements had brought her to. Even though she could clearly see the mountains of junk there was no brain space for her to even register it properly. She was consumed with grief and her whole body shook as she walked.

Her mother was dead and her best friend was dead, only the first of casualties that night. There was no way of telling if anyone else hadn't made it until the war was done with. The sheer thought of anyone else dying caused bile to run up the back of Olivia's throat and her knees collapsed underneath her.

She stumbled into a table next to her, hands smacking hard on the wood to steady herself. Along with it, she knocked a relatively small pile of unused clutter on to the floor, creating a clattering sound as it all went down.

She was sure now, if Harry was in here he'd certainly know that she was.

She was beyond frustrated and aimed her wand at another pile of clutter whilst yelling incoherent words. With the amount of shite everywhere the Horcrux would be like finding a needle in a haystack, and that was something they really didn't have time for.

What Olivia didn't know was that there was six other people dotted about in the same room as her. All trying to meet in the middle to find one another.

She could've been blind and would've struggled just as much then as what she was now trying to find Harry in the depths of The Room of Hidden Things. Flicking her wrist again and listening as more clutter crashed to the floor Olivia collapsed onto a table and cried. The pent up frustration and grief consumed her and she unleashed a scream whilst aiming blindly.

There was another chorus of things clattering to the floor and Olivia rounded a corner to face the person she had been looking for. Her body slumped in relief as she walked quickly to Harry, throwing her arms around his shoulders and collapsing against him.

The three who Olivia hadn't seen, stood behind her, watched Harry with their wands still raised. Although two of the three of them lowered theirs when she stepped in between the potential cross fire.

Draco Malfoy and Blaise Zabini turned their heads to look worriedly at each other. What an earth had happened for Olivia to be such an emotional wreck, sobbing into Harry Potters arms?

They both looked to Harry, who looked to be in shock as he hugged Olivia. He tried to pull away but she only tightened her grip, "Olivia?" Harry spoke, "What happened?"

"I-it was a-ll so—so quick." She stuttered, "Harry—"

"Shhh." He said, rubbing her back while meeting Draco's intense glare of concern and jealousy, "Take your time, it's okay—"

"—It's not okay!" She yelled suddenly, pushing away from Harry, "She's dead! They're both dead!"

Harry's eyes widened suddenly and he held his arms up in surrender, "Who's dead Olivia?"

Her face contorted into agony and she turned back on herself while forcing a hand through her knotted hair, "My mum." Her voice was strained and it came out as if she was being strangled, "Bellatrix, she-she killed my mum and—"

Just then, she stopped and red seeped into her vision. Her face was void of anything as she latched eyes with a boy she was looking for.

Blaise Zabini gulped under Olivia's harsh glare and while he wanted to say he knew what he had done to anger her, he honestly didn't have a clue. All he knew was that he felt quite threatened by Olivia and her ability to suddenly flip from a crying wreck to someone who looked like they wanted to kill you.