| thirteen |

Chapter thirteen; The Ministry of Magic

<=>

Harry continued to walk as if he had shit his knickers, plodding awkwardly down the long twisting corridor while they tired to find Umbridge's office. Olivia kept as close as she physically could to Harry, not too fond of wandering stray and losing him in the maze that was the Ministry. She came as close as she could, attempting to reach his persons ear but struggling with the height difference, "Harry?" She whispered faintly.

Harry looked on but replayed discreetly, trying not to move his mouth, "What?"

"Why are you walking like you've shit yourself?"

"What?" He repeated.

"You're walking like you've shit yourself." She pointed out nonchalantly.

Harry turned his head fractionally to his left to move closer to Olivia, "How else am I supposed to walk?"

"Like I normal person who doesn't look like they've shit themselves."

"Alright." Harry whispered hotly, "Just stop saying I'm walking like I've shit myself."

"You got it."

They kept walking until they found the pamphlets workplace where Umbridge's office was stationed inside. There just over a hundred witches sat with dead eyes flicking pamphlets from one table to another monotonously. Olivia curiously strayed slightly from Harry and walked cautiously over to where the pamphlets were being laid to rest at the end station. Its front cover read; 'Mudbloods and the danger they pose.'

It made Olivia want to laugh at how pathetic it was. The irony was too much. It wasn't the Muggles or who were a danger, they weren't some toxic monsters, it was them. The witches and wizards were the danger, especially the ones working on taking over the world and driving the Muggle population to extinction. What made it all the more confusing was how could they not see that without Muggles, the wizarding population would die out. It was inevitable, and here they were trying to turn the world against them with their stupid idealistic values.

They even turned on some Half-Bloods, which was actually morally wrong. That was what was the most fucked up issue, because even Voldemort himself was a Half-Blood. He wasn't even a Pureblood like those who scurried around after him and he had the audacity to class people of the same blood status as himself as filth. The likes of Bellatrix Lestrange and Lucius Malfoy found Half-Bloods filthy when their own Lord was of that blood status. Even Bellatrix had said so herself when she called upon Harry for being so in the Department of Mysteries.

Pulling away from her state of loathing, Olivia drew her attention back over to Harry. A group of wizards were wizzing past him at an alarmingly fast rate, leaving her to wonder where they were off to in such a hurry. She began to walk back over to him and settled besides his person when the last had ran past. About to ask him a question she caught herself when she looked to the plaque nailed to the back wooden door in front of her.

'DOLORES UMBRIDGE
SENIOR UNDERSECRETARY TO THE MINISTER'

"Undersecretary?" Olivia whispered uncertain.

"I have no idea." Harry replied.

Olivia looked further down and recoiled back in shock, "Is that—?"

"—Mad-Eye's eye?" Harry interjected. He nodded his head.

Olivia gulped, "That's .. um, that's disturbing on so many levels."

Harry nodded again and she looked to the second plaque under Mad-Eye's eye where it read;

'HEAD OF THE MUGGLE-BORN REGISTRATION COMMISSION.'