| thirty |

Chapter thirty; The chase

<=>

Olivia pushed her hair out of her face once she felt her feet again. The unexpected had most certainly happened, and the rush of the apparation had thrown her completely, "That grimy little prick." She seethed, gripping to her wand tightly, "The next time I see him I'm going to strangle him with my hair, just you wait."

Ron gave her a sideways glance as he passed her, "Yeah, I don't doubt it."

"It's happened now," Harry told them, "it's over. He was only desperate."

"Is there no one we can trust?" Ron exasperated, out of breath.

Olivia dusted herself off, "He did it on purpose the wanker, spoke his name and everything. He was more than desperate, I reckon."

"They kidnapped her Olivia." Harry turned around to tell her, "Because he supported me, us. Wouldn't you be desperate if that was your daughter?"

Olivia narrowed her eyes, "I wouldn't even give them chance. They'd be dead before they got their slimy hands on my children."

"He was just desperate." Harry said calmly, watching as Olivia shivered again. He stepped forwards with a frown as she paled, "Everything alright."

Hermione swallowed deeply, "I'll start the enchantments."

Olivia shook her head no to Harry with a very uncertain look on her face, "Even now, after we escaped Lovegood's house, I still have a bad—"

"Hello, beautiful."

Their heads snapped quickly to the sound, Olivia having heard it familiar. She stepped closer towards Harry, standing behind his shoulder as she looked around frantically.

Surrounding them was a group of Snatchers plus Fenrir Greyback. The one at the front, who's voice Olivia recognised, was stood metres away from Hermione, wearing the scarf she had tied to a tree stump for Ron when he had left. It was when Olivia looked around a second time that she noticed Hermione had apparated them to that very spot.

Olivia's face was stern as she rocked from side to side while clutching her wand tightly in her hand, her jaw clenched. A brief side glance to Ron answered her silent question.

They were going to run.

They had to.

They had no choice.

"Well don't just stand there." The same
Snatcher had shouted, "snatch 'em."

With Harry still partly shielding her, Olivia lifted her wand over his shoulder and cast the first blasting spell that came to her mind. She threw the spell with such urgency that it bounced of several trees before catching a couple of the Snatchers. Hermione and Ron had already taken off, running for their own lives, when Harry grabbed Olivia's hand and pulled her along.

They ran further into the forest and descended down a steep hill, running as quickly as they possibly could. Olivia was using her wand and her hands to slash tree branches away to prevent them scraping her face while jumping over roots encased into the mud.

She had long let ago of Harry's hand and instead was running in level with the other three. She peered over her shoulder quickly while aiming randomly to fire another spell behind her. The sound of blast hitting a tree barely registered in Olivia's ringing ears, but was did was the retaliation.

Just off her right, on the path she was running past, the first spell of retaliation came. If it had hit successfully, Olivia reckoned it would've been aimed for her hand where he wand would most likely be knocked away.