Your Soulmate is Only Yours

Start from the beginning

"What is it Terrence?" She asked, he smiled down at her then kissed her temple.

"I love....how you are with the kids." He quickly covered, not sure why those three words suddenly wanted to come out. He did love her, but neither of them was in a position to start over. They had things to fix, like their family before anything else.

"You need to teach me that.." Terrence added, Taraji looked at him sideways pouring a cup of coffee.

"What?"

"How you can be so...i don't know. Like how you can get them to do stuff without raising your voice." He responded, she chuckled and shook her head.

"Hev, slow down." She called out then looked over her shoulder, to indeed see her child stuffing her face.

"And that...like how'd you even know?" He spat truly amazed at what a mother could do. Taraji shrugged, it was just habits.

"Oh, shoot. I almost forgot, since I'm here in Chi I gotta do a on call session with my therapist. So in like an hour I'll be sitting in the driveway for a while." He explained opening the fridge and taking out food for lunch. Taraji nodded proud that he was still taking the initiative to do what he needed to.

"Ima whip up something in here, you can go back to sleep. I'll wake you up." He spoke adjusting Hunter in his arms. The young one yawned tiredly looking at her. She smiled taking him from Terrence. He snuggled up, tucking his head into her neck.

"I gotta go talk to Aubrey, tell your bigheaded son there's things called privacy." Taraji spoke rubbing the 7 month old back. Terrence stopped what he was doing, and looked at her.

"You knew?!" He hissed taking a step torwards her, she stepped back and nodded.

"Calm down, it was innocent." She responded, his eyes grew darker.

"I done!" Heaven chirped making the attention switch to her. Taraji used the time to sneak off, she knew this wasn't an argument she wanted to be in. Heading upstairs to find Brey she sighed. Howard men.....

A few hours later.....

Taraji lay on the couch watching Tom and Jerry. Heaven lay sleeping in front of her mom, curled up against her chest. Marcel sat behind her legs eating on a honey bun, while Terrence dealt with Aubrey and Hunter. Aubrey had to call Lori and check in with her, Terry was just there for moral support. The three came down stairs joining the rest of the family after a while.

Terrence sat reclined with Hunter on his lap, Aubrey chilling in the big bean bag with a pout. Her random buffs catching Taraji's attention.

"Brey, what's wrong baby?" She asked, Aubrey frowned.

"Next month I have to go home....." She whined, Terrence sighed looking out the window. Taraji held sympathy for Brey, from the talks she had with Terry on the flight over she knew the situation. The divorce needed to go through before he even thought about a custody battle. Even then he wasn't sure they would even grant him that considering that one night.

"Okay, but we still have a month and then some. So we need to have the best time before you go home." Taraji chirped to lift her spirits, Heaven made a noise putting a hand on her mom's lips. Taraji giggle nibbling on her fingers. The little one giggled half sleep.

"Why don't we go somewhere?" Marcel questioned, thinking along the lines of an arcade, or water park. Terry looked at his son then smirked.

"Nooooopppeee! What's that look Terrence?" Taraji huffed looking at him suspicious. He shook his head going back to watching the screen.