[𝟏𝟐] 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

today was monday, meaning that i had to return back to work. i put on some nike sweatpants and a t-shirt that i stole from coogie. i went down to the parking garage and drove to the aomg building.

when i walked into the lobby of the aomg building, the receptionist told me that jay park needed to see me in his office.

i pushed past the doors of his office and immediately saw that there was someone else there. there was a woman with light milky skin wearing tight leather leggings and a long-sleeve crop top with some high-heeled ankle boots. i felt so small when taking a seat in the chair next to her.

"you called?" i tried to start the conversation.

"yeah. hyorin meet kang seoyeon. seoyeon meet hyorin," jay introduced us. i turned around to see her give me a smile but then i saw her left eye twitch in annoyance, something that jay didn't notice.

"nice to meet you, hyorin," she said in a sickeningly sweet voice. why do i feel as if i've heard her voice before? eh, maybe it's just one of those voices.

whilst flipping my hair, i responded, "nice to meet you too" and begrudgingly shook her outstretched hand.

"play nice, girls. seoyeon is joining h1ghr music. i thought it'd be good for hyorin to have a new female friend."

"jay, i'm fine with the amount of friends i have right now but thank you for thinking of me," i replied, giving him a small smile.

"you'll be showing her to her studio. it's on the same floor as yours," he instructed. i nodded and said bye before leaving with her trailing behind me.

the elevator ride up was quiet and tense. we both stood as far apart from each other as possible. i asked for her studio number and walked her to the room. once she walked in, i left to go to junwon's studio.

i knocked on the door before entering. he had his headphones on and didn't seem to see me. i plopped myself on the couch and waited for him to notice my presence. he spun in his chair and stopped when he saw me lying there, eating his snacks.

"why the hell are you here and for how long?" he asked while putting his headphones around his neck.

"your stupid advice sucks," i complained.

"what advice?" he was completely clueless.

"your 'you have to choose' advice." i mocked his voice causing him to roll his eyes at me.

"so you chose? who?"

"i didn't choose! i called minsik to confront him about his feelings but then some girl picked up the phone. i heard him saying 'come back to bed' to her and afterwards she hung up." after hearing my story, he scrunched his face in pain.

"yikes." was all he had to say.

i then continued, "but that's not all. now there's this new girl named kang seoyeon in h1ghr music and she's being a complete bitch to me for no reason. like i've never even seen or spoken to this girl before. her voice also sounds so familiar but i can't put my finger on it."

"so you think minsik has moved on?"

"well now i do."

"she's probably a rebound, something to make him feel better about the fact that you don't return his feelings."

"it's not a fact! i don't know if i have feelings for him or not."

"hyorin, snap out of it! feelings aren't something that you think about. not everything can be analyzed so just go with your guts. pretend it's like freestyling," he elaborates, "you just get into the groove and vibe of it, y'know? there's no actual structure to it."