[𝟒] 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

heyorin just made a post

───

───

okay, chae hyorin, you can do this. you are a capable girl. sure, you may still stutter while ordering your own food and forget your own name at starbucks, but other than that, you can do anything.

what am i thinking? no, i can't.

"hey hyorin! how long have you been waiting outside my door?"

"oh, uh. heh, h-hi dean. or hyuk! whichever you prefer really. and it's fine, i basically just got here." like ten minutes ago.

"either is fine. come in, come in," he ushered me, "do you want a drink?"

"i'm good. i had a cup of tea before i came here." i settled myself down on his sofa.

"alrighty then, let's get started," he exclaimed, flashing one of his charming smiles. i honestly uwued on the spot.

over the span of 3 hours, dean had managed to produce a track for me to rap on. occasionally, i did both singing and rapping but because it was a collaboration with dean, i thought it would be a good idea for dean to sing with me rapping and adding to the back vocals. by the end of it, we had a rough draft of the song. dean and i had planned on composing the final track by the end of the day.

"let's go for some lunch before we continue," dean offered. i nodded and got up to follow dean. he led us to a café on one of the upper levels of the building. we sat down at a table by the window, overlooking the city.

i ordered a iced caramel macchiato and a strawberry nutella crepe meanwhile dean ordered passion fruit tea and a vanilla bean scone. we started discussing topics such as how we got into music and about 'show me the money 6'.

"i love jay and dok2 is wonderful but i was all for team fanxychild since the first episode," i started, "as i'm sure jay must have told you, i'm a huge fangirl of yours so as soon as i saw you as one of the producers, i freaked out." dean chuckled at my statement.

"thank you. it was honestly such a extraordinary and once-in-a-lifetime experience."

"i've always wanted to participate in one of those rap competitions, either as a producer or a contestant. the concept is pretty cool."

"why haven't you?" he questioned whilst making eye contact with me. i wanted to melt right there and then.

"i've always been unsure and now that i'm working on this album and everything, i don't want to overwork myself."

"but aren't you already doing that? if i'm not wrong, you were already in the studio only hours after your flight."

"i guess you're kind of right," i replied as i thought more about it. he had a point there. i find it difficult to resist the studio. my passion for music and my ambition always drove me back to the studio no matter what.

we continued to indulge in conversation for the next hour or so. some of the topics were lighthearted while others got deep and philosophical. dean was a really easy person to talk to and a great listener. once we both saw that the sky was getting pink, we returned to his studio to finish the track.

by 6:30pm, we had finalized the song and wrapped up everything.

"it was great working with you. thank you so much, dean. hopefully we can work together more in the future," i gushed.

"the pleasure was all mine," he responded, "maybe i'll see you at an event in the near future."

"one can only be so fortunate," i replied, "but for now, have a nice night." i nearly did a full 90 degree bow as i backed out the door.

once out of sight, i released a huge breath and silently squealed. giddily walking towards the elevator, i kept thinking back to my whole experience today. dean is a god and that's the tea.

my walk to the parking garage was short. i got into my maserati and headed back to the aomg studio.

───

"listen up, losers," i exclaimed as i barged into groovyroom's studio, "i'm on a roll today and i would like to stay on it. do you guys have any tracks you're currently working on?"

"not at the moment," hwimin answered.

"great. can you guys produce a track for me?" i asked, giving my best puppy dog eyes.

"sure. why not?" gyujeong shrugged before asking me what type of beat i wanted.

"punk yet mellow if you catch my drift." i sucked at explaining and describing things.

"we'll try our best," hwimin assured me. i thanked them for agreeing on such short notice and told them to take their time and contact me when it was done.

"also we have a music conference coming up on wednesday. other record labels will be there," gyujeong informed me. i groaned. when can i get a break?

"i'm off now. thanks for everything." i engulfed each of them in a hug before leaving.

i drove back home to my empty penthouse. yezi was still at the studio. it was almost 7:30pm and there was no food in the house because neither of us could really cook anything more than an omelet. i went into our modern kitchen to check the menus on the fridge. i dialed the number of the local pizzeria and ordered a small bacon pizza, bbq wings, and soda. my food arrived 30 minutes later.

my life seemed pretty sad at this point. here i was, sitting in my room, huddled in blankets, and watching powerpuff girls whilst eating enough food for at least two people. where did i go wrong? why am i alone? [a/n: stan day6]

it was about 9:00pm when i decided to clock out. maybe monday will bring some sunshine... not, because everyone knows that mondays bring nothing but exhaustion.

— ۵ —