[𝟓] 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

the next day, i woke up some time after 7:00am. i was an early bird since i was so used to having to wake up before the sun due to my schedule. i did my morning routine and threw on a pair of black leggings and a sapphire blue hoodie with white embroidered dragons on the sleeves. i planned on going out to a café for breakfast because it wasn't normally busy this early. i put on a black mouth mask and a plain black hat with a single ring on the lid to hide my identity. before leaving, i remembered to grab my white backpack with my money and other belongings.

rather than driving, i decided to go for a walk this morning. it was my day off this week so i was just going to buy breakfast and head over to coogie's studio.

suddenly, i was knocked down, causing my hat to fall.

"oh my gosh, i'm so sorr—" the voice paused, "...hyorin?!"

"dean?" i looked up and saw him rushing to get me back up. he was also wearing a mask and hat but i still recognized him because of his voice.

"it's fine, dean. i'm alright. no bruises," i held up both of my hands and grinned at him to show that i was perfectly fine.

he rubbed the back of his neck, "i'm sorry. i was staring at my phone and i didn't happen to see you."

"it's alright. i was just heading to the café around the corner anyways." i chuckled nervously as we both awkwardly made eye contact before looking away.

"do you mind if i join you? i was honestly just wandering out of boredom."

"of course you can join me!" i agreed and we began to walk down the street.

we reached the café five minutes later and sat by the window, like we did the first time we ate together. like the first time, he ordered a passion fruit tea to drink but unlike the first time, he ordered a chocolate croissant to eat. meanwhile, i ordered a caramel frappe and some french toast with strawberries.

"i see that you have a liking for strawberries," dean commented.

"i could say the same about you and your passion fruit tea," i quipped. he chuckled and kept up the conversation.

i felt really comfortable around dean which was something because i normally shied away. in fact, we had even exchanged phone numbers and friended each other on other communication apps. we finished a little after 9:00am.

"i had a great time. it's much better than me eating by myself like most times," i admitted. why did i admit to eating by myself? i don't know. i sound like a loser now.

"i enjoyed it too. we should do this again," he offered. my heart fluttered a little like why would he want to spend more time with my awkward ass. regardless, i nodded, maybe a bit too eagerly.

after we said our "goodbyes," we both went our separate ways. i headed back to my building and simply went back inside my penthouse. i had a little repeat of last night's activities and ended up having a movie marathon until 5:00pm.

i got bored of watching movies so i texted coogie to let him know that i was on my way to his studio. once i arrived, i greeted the people at the front desk and head up the elevator to his floor. i opened the door to his studio, expecting to see only him. unfortunately, minsik was also here. i was still unsure if we were not good terms or not since the lousy "yeah congrats" response. i was still a tad bit upset because i was trying to spread the good news and he just rained on my parade.

"hey noona. minsik is here because he's featuring in my song," coogie explained.

"then what am i here for?" i asked, completely confused.