[𝟕] 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

i woke up with dread, knowing that i had to go to the studio today. yezi managed to convince me that everything would be okay. she had advised me that rather than trying to avoid him, i should just face the music. i never liked confrontation but it was necessary.

i dragged myself out of bed and into the bathroom. i brushed my teeth and combed my hair before going into my closet. after some thinking, i grabbed a pair of leggings, my red embroidered champion hoodie, and my pair of all white adidas falcon shoes.

by the time i finished getting ready, it was 10:30am. the aomg building was close to my penthouse so i would arrive to work before 11:00am. i walked out to my car and begin driving a little after starting the engine. to make my morning even better, one of groovyroom's songs came on the radio. if it wasn't dangerous, i would've smashed my head against the steering wheel while i was driving.

once i got to work, i headed straight to groovyroom's studio. knowing how close the boys are, hwimin knows all about the almost kiss. i collected my nerves and walked into their studio with a smile.

"hey guys!" i greeted them enthusiastically with jazz hands. oh my gosh, that's way too overboard. why did i do that?! i internally panicked.

"h-hey hyorin. what brings you here?" hwimin asked, not being subtle at all. what he had meant was: why aren't you avoiding gyujeong like the plague?

"uh, hwimin, i think someone at the front desk needed you for your... uh.. employee information!" i lied, raising my voice at the word "information". luckily, hwimin got the hint and left me alone in the room with gyujeong.

i went to sit on the couch that was across from him. the tense atmosphere was thick enough to cut with a knife.

"so... last night was something, huh?" i tried start off the conversation but i probably just made it more awkward.

"yeah. quite something," he agreed. his eyes looked everywhere except for my own eyes.

"gyujeongie," he finally looked at me, "i...i-i-I DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL PLEASE HELP ME OHMYGOSH." he was taken back by my outburst. to say the least, that was embarrassing.

gyu moved himself so that he was sitting next to me on the couch. he took my hands into his own—which was not helping me in any way—and tried to calm me down.

"breathe, hyorin, breathe. let's talk, okay?" he coaxed. "now, tell me, how are you feeling right now?"

"a bit overwhelmed," i responded, keeping my sentence short. "do you regret last night?

"to be honest, i did at first. but then, i thought 'this is hyorin, the same one who can manage to be the sunshine in anyone's day.'"

"so is that a yes or no? my comprehension skills haven't kicked in yet," i retorted, trying to lighten the mood.

"it's a no. i don't regret it," he reassured.

"if that car hadn't honked... would we have actually... you know..."

"kissed? yes i believe we would have." he chuckled at my shyness.

"and would you not have regretted that either?" i asked, looking expectantly at him.

"i would've had, as the kids say, hashtag no regrets." i chuckled at his stupid joke and shook my head.