part 15

" Can you stay with me? " I asked. Kody thought for a second.

" How about until you fall asleep? " Kody asked. I nodded quickly, smiling.

" On one condition. " He said. I turned to him cautiously, my head cocked to the side.

" You let me do something and you can't complain. " Kody said. I looked to the side, then at him again.

" Uhhhhh.. Ok? " I said, questioning his intentions. You know. Only slightly..

I could feel myself be pressed against the bed in the matter of seconds. He was almost instantly on top of me. I covered my face with my hands.

" I might be sick though Kody.. " I said. Kody pulled my hands away from my face.

" I don't care. I guess we will be sick together. " Kody said. I groaned. He still held both of my wrists in one of his hands.

" Kody..? " I said. He looked down at me and pulled my wrists above my head. He hummed in response, his free hand tracing small designs on my stomach.

" What are you doing? " I asked. He didn't answer, instead let go of my wrists only to move his hands to my hips.

He connected his lips to mine, starting off slow and sweet but over time, becoming more aggressive. He pulled away for air, and I was slightly out of breath.

" Geez, Kody.. " I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. I honestly didn't care if I was sick anymore, or if I got Kody sick.

He leaned back down, putting his forehead to mine. He pulled away fully, getting off of my bed and simply leaning against the wall, his eyes locked on me.

I blushed and pulled the covers over my face, closing my eyes and let myself drift off to the thought of Kody.

                                                 ..........

" Lumine. Dinner is ready. " Kody said. I groaned and held the blanket over my head. I could feel him tug on the covers. I suddenly let go, hearing a thud right after.

" ... You really just pulled that on me? " Kody said. I nodded, holding out my hand for him. He groaned and grabbed my hand. I pulled him up and opened the door, walking out.

" Beef? No.. Yes? Burgers right? " I said out loud. Aiden looked at me.

" Yup! " He said cheerfully and sat down. I sat in a seat next to Aiden, in which Kody sat next to me.

" Huh. To think you used to hate me, Kody. " I said, shaking my head with a small smile. Kody turned away.

" Who is to say I still don't hate you? " Kody said, less of a question, more of a challenge.

" Well.. Everyone who thinks Kody absolutely loves me raise your hand! " I said cheerfully. Almost everyone raised their hand, except for Sherry who just rolled her eyes slightly, but I could see the small smirk forming on her face.

" Looks like you can't lie now. Everyone agrees with me! " I said, nudging him in the shoulder.

" I agree with you Lumine. Keep it up. " Silver said, sending me a wink. Kody looked over to his Aiden.

" Dad? You agree with me.. Don't you? " Kody said, his voice radiating warning signals to just say yes.

" Nope! " Aiden said, smiling widely. Kody looked down in defeat. I laughed at both Aiden and Kody's actions, nibbling on my burger. Kody grumbled something incoherent, taking a bite of his food. I instinctively poked his cheek, since it was puffed out from the mouthful of food.

He slapped my wrist with a fry from his plate. I looked down at it, then grabbed my biggest fry from my plate and poked his cheek with it.

" Your fry wasn't so effective! " I said, trying to sound like a game host person. Kody rolled his eyes yet again.

" Awwww! My son! Your showing affection! " Aiden said, a small laugh breaking through some of his words. Kody finished his food in silence, putting his plate in the sink. I followed him, tossing my plate in the sink.

" Kody~ " I said, popping up at his side. He looked over, an eyebrow raised.

" What? " He hissed, though his bright green eyes had a gentle look to them.

" Hi. " I said. He sighed, shaking his head.

" Do you need anything? " He said sarcastically. I nodded. he opened his mouth like he was going to say something, then closed it.

" I need you.. " I said quietly. He looked over, then to his room, then back at me, cocking his head to the side like a confused puppy. I giggled a little bit, dragging him into my room. He kicked the door closed rather quickly, causing a loud slamming sound.

I jumped slightly, my ears going straight up at the sound. I let go of Kody's hand and jumped into my bed, sitting down and letting my legs hang over the edge. Kody sat next to me, his legs crossed.

Suddenly, I felt a light pressure on my tail. I jumped and looked at Kody, who stroked it gently. My face turned a bright red.

" W-What are you doing? " I asked him. He continued petting and stroking my tail as he looked at me. He didn't answer my question.

" Your fur is so soft. " He mumbled, bringing my tail to his chest and hugging it. My face seemed to heat up all over again. I brought my hand to his head, running my fingers through his silky black hair. His eyes, that were recently closed, opened and have me a death glare.

I giggled in return and removed my hands from his hair. I could feel him nudge me slightly with his shoulder

" Don't stop, it feels good.. " Kody admitted, his face turning redder with every word that slipped from his mouth. I was a little shocked, but eventually went back to playing with his hair. It was surprisingly soft and quite satisfying to touch.

My ears suddenly went straight up when I heard a small knock at the door. I lazily rolled off of my bed and landed on the floor. I got up and opened the door. Silver stood before me.

Silence.

" I just wanted to make sure you guys weren't.. " Silver finally said, not finishing his sentence, instead gesturing to the bed.

More silence.

Suddenly the door closed in Silver's face. I jumped slightly and turned around to see Kody.

" Ehh..? What was that- mmmph! " I said, but I was cut off by Kody's lips pressed against mine. He pulled away, but only temporarily.

" Shut up. " He said, kissing me again. I couldn't say I didn't enjoy it though. Kody pulled away, suddenly picking me up. He practically forced my legs around his waist. I nuzzled my face into his shoulder.

" But Kooodyy.. I'm heavy.. " I mumbled against his warm skin. He gently placed me onto the bed, looking down at me.

" I swear to god Lumine, you are the smallest human I have ever met. " Kody said, his tone somewhat playful.

" Nooo.. " I disagreed. Kody's eyes trailed to my arms and legs, which were covering in scars varying from barely visible to impossible not to notice. I covered my arms, looking away, ashamed.

" Lumine. " Kody said, and I felt the bed squeak and groan as it sank due to Kody's weight applied into it. He tucked a finger under my chin, bringing my face up to look at him.

" Those scars are nothing to be ashamed of. I saw it in your eyes that you were embarrassed. They showed you never stopped fighting. " Kody said. I didn't respond, instead grabbed him by shirt and brought his lips into mine again.

" Let's forget Silver and Aiden.. This night belongs to us. "