part 9

Lumine's pov
We arrived at school in about 10 minutes. Kody sighed as he scooped me up from my seat and held me in his arms.

" What are you- " I said but he shut me up by looking at me. He gently stroked my fur.

" Your so tiny you would be crushed if you walked. " Kody said and I gave a small nod. We made it off the bus and he walked to the side of the school. He put me in his bag, looking at me one last time before I snuggled up at the bottom so no one saw me.

                                           Kody's pov

I  walked out from the side of the school. Calla was there, waiting at the corner. I glared at her before moving to the side and trying continuing my path. She grabbed me by the hood and yanked me back.

" I heard the werewolf brat is back. Those people are all over the news, including Lumine. " Calla said and I turned around. I tried conceal the shock and anger.

" What. " I said. It was almost a command for more details. She looked at me before letting go of my hood and started to walk off. She turned around suddenly, staring at me for a minute.

" Its none of my business. I saw it on the news and Facebook this morning and thought I'd tell you. " she said before walking away again.

I growled slightly. Lumine was sensitive to even the subject and has had multiple mental breakdowns since he was back. He would hate that it was all over the media for everyone to see. I'll still have to tell him though. He'll be mad if he knows that I knew and didn't tell him. He most likely heard anyway.

                                           Lumine's pov

I had to try to stay composed as Kody started moving again. I can't believe people would put it on the news without permission. I guess that's just the media though..

I took a couple deep breaths and could feel Kody set the bag down.

" Come out.. " Kody whispered and I obediently crawled out of his backpack. I immediately saw my surroundings. We were outside of class, near all the lockers which weren't in too good of shape. Some were dented and a lot of them had the paint chipping off of it, some in huge patches and some in small areas.

" huh? " was all I could manage to say as I turned into my human form and leaned back against the wall, sliding down and bringing my knees to my chest. Kody didn't answer. He was sat down against the wall too, looking at me.

" W-Why would they even put that everywhere? It was taken care of.. " I said weakly, biting my bottom lip and trying to keep the tears from welling in my eyes.

" People suck.. " Was all Kody responded with. I felt the tears stream down my face. I could hear Kody suck in a breath through his teeth, causing a small hissing sound.

He slowly turned to me and wrapped his arms around me. I could feel the heat radiating off of his body. I quickly got into my knees and wrapped my arms around him as well, burrowing my face into his neck and gripping the back of his shirt tightly.

I sobbed for a while before quieting down, nuzzling into the crook of his neck. He rubbed my back slowly and I pulled away, covering my face. Not only was around my eyes likely to be red, but I could feel my face was hot.

" Ahhh.. I'm sorry, I just.. " I said but stopped. I really didn't have a excuse. All I could say was I was really sensitive right now, which sounded extremely lame.

" Don't worry. You have been through about a year of torture. " Kody said. I nodded. He got up and looked down at me. I really didn't like the fact that he was looking down at me so I jumped up. He just pointed towards a hallway.

" I've got to go to class. Go sleep in your bush until I come to get you. Try to be alert though.. " Kody said and started down the hall. Obviously.. I don't want a whole replay of that year.

I sped walked out of the school, looking around cautiously before plopping down in my bush. I slowly pulled my knees back to my chest with a shaky sigh, dozing off.

                Kody's POV brought to you by Lumine's cuteness

The teacher stared at me as I walked into the classroom, shutting the door with my foot behind me.

" Kody, why are you late? " The teacher said. I ignored her and sat in my seat. She walked over, putting her hands on my desk and leaning over me. I looked up at her.

" Mind getting out of my face? " I said without a hint of emotion in my voice. She backed up and crossed her arms.

" Are you asking for a detention? " she said, glaring at me.

" Not directly. I had something to deal with before class. " I said. She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

" What did you have to deal with that's important enough to skip half of class? " My teacher said. I looked down at my desk.

" A friend. It was much more valuable than being in here. " I said without looking up.

" Ugh.. Your so difficult. Why was your friend so important? " The teacher asked. I didn't answer, but someone did for me.

" Miss, it's all over the news. His friend was taken captive for a full year. I'm sure his friend was having difficulties. " A high pitched voice spoke.

I growled, getting up so abruptly that my chair flew back and hit the role with a loud thud.

" Dont. Mention. That. " I said as I slammed my hands down on my desk.

" Woah. Feisty. Don't worry, your okay. " the same voice spoke in a teasing manner. I took in a deep breath and turned around. I saw the owner of the voice, with obviously dyed red hair. She smirked at me. I slowly picked up my chair and set it down upright, sitting down with a huff.

" It's excused. You will be getting a detention if this happens again. " She said and walked up to the board and starting to teach, which I didn't listen to as I thought about Lumine, hoping he was fine.