Chapter Six

Narrator

Panting and uneasy, Luna wakes up, sweating. She checks to see if Miles was still beside her. Luckily, he was. She sighed with relief.

She was unsure of whether or not she should tell Miles about her dream. She thought he'd call her crazy. Why would anyone ever dream of such things?

To forget about her dream, Luna made breakfast. Her favorite, pancakes with a pound of maple syrup.

She waited for Miles downstairs.

"Thank God you're here! It's been a while since I've seen you!"

"Babe, we were literally sleeping beside each other the whole night."

"Right."

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. Definitely fine. Oh, I made pancakes for breakfast." she replied, in an effort to change the topic as soon as possible.

"You sure? You seem a little weird today?"

With enthusiasm, she said "Absolutely. 100% A-OK!"

Miles' POV

Luna was acting a bit weird a while ago, but I assume that it was because of her period. She gets weird sometimes.

Luna insisted on walking home today. We didn't have school; it was a Saturday. I don't know if it's because of what I said, or what I did. Does she hate me now?

I decide to drive to my mother's gravestone. It was 2 hours away. She purposely wanted to be secluded from the city because she wanted her resting place to be serene and quiescent.

The drive was long. I had no one to talk to or nothing to do but drive. It was boring.

I suddenly see a large cactus near the highway. It definitely reminded me of my mother and her stories.

She was from Arizona, so she would always tell me about all the massive cacti and the heat strokes everyone got.

She would always tell me to be careful, especially when walking towards a cactus. You'll never know if it'll attack you. And yes, there are in fact cacti that attack you, like the jumping cholla. My mom would always tell me about how her friend would always be attacked by one. It was hilarious.

I miss you mom. One day, we will meet again. I promise.

___________________________________
How was this chapter?

Starting today, I am going to start updating only if I reach a certain amount of reads.

I'm still going to be updating on Monday (2 days from now).

Goal: Reach 190 reads

I hope you guys will be able to achieve this goal!

If there are any grammatical errors or typos, please inform me.

Love you guys!
________________________________